I am new :)

davalav

Pro Tuner
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Hey Guys,

I am new to these forums.

I recently got hold of a Peugoet 306 D turbo 1.9 ( my first car ) and its a bit...in the slow department.

The turbo has a little lag.

I am thinking of buying a decent induction kit, then a air feed pipe.
Now my Question, Is an Induction kit better with an enclosure or without one? and where do I find them?

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Make sure it has a cold air feed and is enclosed. For a diesel where the rev band tends to stay quite low I recommend sticking with just a panel air filter because the full induction kit doesn't really add much power.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Thank you very much peeps for the nice comforting welcome! :)

Hmm Air panel filter on my pug that is where the little intake thing is just behind the front panel, looks almost like a tube? I've tried looking for the air box, but I am unsure on what I am looking for? I have a few things in mind, I have seen guides on boosting the turbo boost and psi which results in higher revs? and the fuel inlet to produce more fuel, which again produces higher revs. I have read in numour forums and some vids on youtube suggest have an induction can make a little more BHP, but its mainly used for the throater sound and throttle response. Also I am thinking about new form of springs, not really to lower but stiffen the suspension, make cornering more responsive.

Thank you very much peeps for the nice comforting welcome! :)

Hmm Air panel filter on my pug that is where the little intake thing is just behind the front panel, looks almost like a tube? I've tried looking for the air box, but I am unsure on what I am looking for? I have a few things in mind, I have seen guides on boosting the turbo boost and psi which results in higher revs? and the fuel inlet to produce more fuel, which again produces higher revs. I have read in numour forums and some vids on youtube suggest have an induction can make a little more BHP, but its mainly used for the throater sound and throttle response. Also I am thinking about new form of springs, not really to lower but stiffen the suspension, make cornering more responsive.

Also, Sorry, with the induction enclosure, whats the best material to make it out of? and would be worth wrapping the kit tubing in heat wrap?

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

wrapping the induction on a turbo makes little difference imo, think about it the turbo heats the air up anyway - ok different when your going for max performance but on lets be honest are you really going to notice if your running a couple of horses less.

panel filter and induction kits both should offer lower resistance so air can get into the engine easier, IK do give more noise.

jarus is the man to ask regards the 1.9 engine as its one he loves

Thank you matey! Where can I find Jarrus?

So.. If the air aound the engine is kept cooler, the maximum cold air going into the induction kit will improve, resulting in moar power?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back