i am new here.. and i do not know much bout car

keong

Car
satrio neo
if.. i using auto car.. i wan add intercooler on it.. do i nid a turbo as well ?

The turbo squashes up the air and this causes it to get hot. The intercooler then allows the air to cool back down to near ambient temperature. On a NASP engine (no turbo) there is nothing to be gained at all from an intercooler and it will actually just create drag and sap a little bit of your power.

Sorry I forgot to say, welcome to TorqueCars. Good to have you along and feel free to pick our collective brains.

hmmmm... i just wan that sounds of intercooler.. lol.. XD.. basically i really don't know more about modify cars... but i get interested on it^^
what i know is.. add on turbo.. engine will easily get spoiled ? :confused:

intercooler doesnt add any sound to the car. it only cools the air from the hot side of the turbo. i think you may be on about a blow off valve sort that gives a whooosh when changing gear.

you can add a turbo, but it would be easier to buy a turboed engine

yea.. you are right dude.. i wan that whooosh sounds.... anyway.. what is turboed engine ?

lol .. the wooshh , psstt sounds comes from the blow off valve. N/A dont used that. theres an electronic blow off valve sold in the market but they sound like crap . haha

turboed engine is an engine that has a turbocharger installed from the factory. On neo, you can get the Mivec Turbo or GSR Turbo . you also can install 4G63 turbo but you wont get it endorsed . if you are from malaysia .. im just guessing from your car model ..

you can go to ZTH (alot of neo owners there) or how stuff works on how turbocharger works ..

haha.. yes.. i am from malaysia... but my car is auto >.<" i damn like tat whooosh sounds.. its so cool...

the auto doesnt mean much, it just means there might be a slightly different connection at the block.

the wooosh is the excess air being diverted away when the trottle is closed ( foot lifted off go pedal ) this is to prevent the tubo becoming damaged.

if.. just add on blow of valve.. dont wan add turbo... is it.. still got that whoosh sounds ?? in auto car ?

it doesnt matter either your car is an auto or not. the transmission is just a device that transfer the engine power to the wheels . thats all .. the engine is still the same no matter manual or auto .

well ..like i said, u cant put a bov (blow off valve) to a N/A engine. Period. Even you put it, its just wont work. even the bov diafram only works on +ve pressure not vacuum.

The only way for your car to have those BOV is an engine swap to GSR or Evo 4G63 engine or bolt-on-turbo to ur current engine ..

bolt on turbo means, installing a turbo system to ur current engine. since you are just want the sound not the performance, 3-5 psi would be enough. cost for a bolt on would cost around RM5k-8k including a good piggyback ecu.

Last edited:
the auto DOES NOT MATTER.
no you cant as the air is not being pressureised.

think of a ballon, blow it up an leave the neck open. squeese the ballon and watch the air coming out. not blow it up again and tie up the neck. again squeeze and watch the ballon burst. this is the point of fitting the blow off valve. it stops the turbo bursting when the pressure gets too great when the throttle is closed

oh craps.. sounds so......... arrgh... #!#!#!#! man... that is electronic valve...

need more info than booster mate.

could be power booster spray - to dechoke the engine
power boost valve - called this in a lot of boy racery style shops normally called a fuel presure regulator, doesnt add power.

power booster - as in a electric supercharger, to be avioded at all costs. this is the only thing i could think of thats electric