Hy

N

noob

Hy my name is noob!

I just want to say that i have so little knowledge about cars, and that i´m hooping to learn allot from the experience of the people from this forum!

Anyway i have a GRANDE PUNTO 1.4 8V Active with 78 HP (horse power) :),and i think that this is a great car. But there is a problem i have driven a much better cars with much better performance,with much more HP!

I just love the the engine sound, the engine performance, handling of the road i just love the driving... and i was just wandering if there is a way to make my PUNTO 78 HP to PUNTO 100 HP.

I mean what kind of engine mods could i make to gain 10 - 20 HP. From sport air filter, instaling a some kind power modul, chip tuning, exaust system... like i sad i have so little knowledge about cars and if you can help me i will be so gratefull.

Thank you for your time!

Hey and welcome to torquecars mate.
An engine swap would probably be better as the 1.2 isnt a very good tuning base to work from.

if you want to keep your engine start with the basics,
decent panel filter along with full exhaust system,
Fuel pressure regulator
fast road cam
flowed head
and a remap.

a swap to the puntos 1.7 (badged as a 1.8HGT) will give you 130 bhp, 50 more than you currently have and chances are it would be cheaper than doing the 1.2

remember whatever way you go it is also worthwhile uprating the brakes and suspension

Hi Noob and welcome to TorqueCars. As PG says there is not a lot you can get from the 1.2 an engine swap is a far better return for your money. Suspension mods will at least improve the handling for you though.

Hi noob, welcome to the forum. I'd go for the engine swap personally and you will be able to tune it much higher than 100 bhp (as 100 bhp isn't a lot). Why not aim higher than 100 bhp?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back