How to build a 10 second car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We look at what it takes to build a 10 second car and examine the power and weight requirements to reach the sub 11 second goal on the drag strip. Follow our tips and you can make a 10 second car quite cheaply and within your budget with some power mods and serious weight reduction.

Continue reading...

I can accept that with fantasy and SF, but something that portrays itself as comtempory street culture should, IMO, retain some semblance of reality. But that would make it a boring film for its adolescence audience :)

Back to the plot..............As long as you have sufficient grip, power to weight ratio is all you have to consider. 500bhp/tonne is my guess, although this is a little lower than quoted in the article.

What does your quarter mile calculator work it out to be OG? Just out of interest really?

Around 450-500bhp/tonne. There are, obviously, many variables that have some bearing on the actual figure for a particular car, but gearing doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. What you lose on the start you gain at the finish and vice versa.

Unfortunately, that seems to be standard on highly tuned diesels, except those built by people who really know what they are doing - Audi's Le Mans winning cars for example.