How protective of your car are you?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Will you share it with others? Do you take up 2 spaces in the car park to protect your doors? Will you park in the furthest corner of the car park out of harms way? Is it religeously garaged overnight?

My cars are parked (considerately) in any space i can find, closest to the entrance of wherever i am going to save me from walking more than i have too (remember i have 7 dogs that are walked at least twice a day in groups of 2 or 3 - so i do enought walking).
My Mondeo is always in the drive and if i can be bothered, i park the trooper in the drive, but it depends if i can be bothered opening the gates!

My hubby's uncle has an alfa romeo spider convertable, that is only ever driven in the summer, washed and polished after each drive and has a full car cover put over it each time and parked in the garage.

I would love to be in a position where I could care for my Saxo more.. At the moment she is having an identity crisis.. With muddy boots and tools in the back; coupled with not being washed for months on end, and being abused on a daily basis.. She thinks she's a Transit Van..

Ohhhh the humanity!!

Hopefully some time next year she will have her paint restored, 8 more valves and some decent suspension.. If shes not naughty that is...

Oooh Freddie - that is bad news! Bet you wish you had a van for work and could keep the car for the weekends!

I do a little sight work every now and then. My govnor for that asked if I would drive my car to a job a few weeks ago to which I replied NO

I am very anal and protective of my cars. They get parked diagonally across two spaces in a car park, I will even get two tickets (one for each side) to keep the parking attendants happy. I think if anyone hurt my babies I would kll them. They have to be spotless too. I have just touched up any stone chips, minor scratches and blisters in the paint on the yank and will probably do it again next year. I will be exactly the same with the van and the Minor when they're painted up too.

xavier said:
You going for an engine swap or a head swap Freddie?

waynne said:
Oooh Freddie - that is bad news! Bet you wish you had a van for work and could keep the car for the weekends!

Hopefully, but everything at the moment is on hold car wise, need to get a van running for work (insurance is a fortune). But hopefully a VTS engine will be going in a some point, I will save the extra for cam's and a standalone management before I go down this route though.

Possibly thinking of selling her for now though.. :S

As my car picks up more and more little dents i'm less inclined to worry about it. I try to avoid spaces in car parks as that is where most of them happen but it is sadly unavoidable and I've heard of people getting a ticket for taking up 2 spaces.

I am very protective of my baby, too much so according to her indoors! She reckons I'll be arrested one day for taking things too far with someone who does something to the car or who annoys me in a traffic incident. :embarrest:

Very protective,park away from others,wont let anyone else wash it,i was,nt happy when it was at Abbey for a week,i could,nt see it!!at home it is outside the front room window!!!.

Blimey just read it, sorry I missed that thread entirely TN you must be pulling your hair out by now! I really hope they sort this out as soon as.
As its a motability car you would think the dealership would have grasped the fact that it is an essential tool for transportation and a courtesy car should have been laid on for you with no quibbles instantly.

Cause I had to have the RAC out Pentagon wouldn't give me a courtesy car it ad to go through RAC.
First time it was late and the hire company near me wouldn't open up to sort me a car out. They wanted me to travel to east midlands airport. :amazed:
And this time cause it was late again I asked the RAC to give me a lift home with my boy and my dog but they refused to take the dog so I sent the recovery driver packing. :mad:

I would be having none of that nonsense from them. Try speaking to Vauxhall customer direct and see what they can do for you TN.

Good luck buddy :)

Want to speak to someone about your vehicle?
Call us: 0844 369 0112
Email us: vauxhall.customerassistance@vauxhall.co.uk
Write to us: Griffin House, UK1-101-135 Osborne Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU1 3YT
Tweet us: @VauxhallCustSvc
Opening hours:
Mon–Fri 9:00am–5:30pm

I've been on Motability's case and they've been on at pentagon for their poor customer services. They are now looking at receiving a fine from Motability.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back