How many of you have more than one car?

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
Hi All.

So - how many of you have multiple cars? I've currently got a Passat W8 and a Freelander Sport. I need two cars due to the work I do, if one goes into the garage - I must have another. I also bought the Landie to keep the miles off the W8.

I now find myself keep eyeing up a BMW M3 as a proposition "one day when I can afford", but I've a feeling I will stuggle to justify three cars to my better half - expecially given she only has one (a VW Bora).

I couldn't sell the W8, the noise is priceless - and I've spent a bundle modifying it - and I like the Land Rover for when it snows!

Am I totally nuts? Tell me the M3 is crap and that the grass isn't greener - PLEASE!

my answer depends on what your considering for the question. you talking just mine or do the wife's count as well. Also, are they complete/running or the fixers included as well. going on the assumption that you want just mine and running. Me

Wifes/girlfriends living with you can be included if you like - as lets me honest chaps, we sway their decisions anyway ;) but i'll exclude kids and other such people living in the household...

- Passat W8 (Me)
- FreeLander Sport TD4 (Me)
- Bora V5 (Girlfriend)

well at the min i have 2 trans am's but my 79 trans am is going on wednesday but have a new 01 trans am coming next week and will have 2 of them till about aug then the 87 trans am goes and might be down to 1 then if i dont buy another one before then but might go for a bike

ive got the bora and the wifes got a golf nice and easy to work on as pretty much is the same.

you could always sell the bora give her the landie and have the passat and M3 for yourself. only thing that would put me off the M3 is all the replica 3 series that float about and the fact most owners are more, trying to find a nice non swear word here - nope cant thin of one

Fiat Punto mk1 GT, Fiat Punto mk2 and an Alfa Romeo GT. Probably get rid of the mk2 soon, should pay for the DTA for the Punto GT.

ive got the bora and the wifes got a golf nice and easy to work on as pretty much is the same.

you could always sell the bora give her the landie and have the passat and M3 for yourself. only thing that would put me off the M3 is all the replica 3 series that float about and the fact most owners are more, trying to find a nice non swear word here - nope cant thin of one

Been there, done that. The Landie was originally to replace the Bora but she decided she didn't like parking it :rolleyes: - now she wants a TT 3.2 Quattro.

Chevolet Blazer
Lotus Elan (being rebuilt)
Robin Hood (for when it is sunny)
Original VW Scriocco (spare)
Mercedes Motorhome (for when I finally go racing)

Family car (wife's) is An Astra convertible 2 litre turbo.

I used to own a second car but it majorly drained finances so now I share an Audi A3 with my wife;) One day we will be a 2 car family again, and I can make tuning decisions which aren't vetoed!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm lets see.

i have a white van for general use.
jaguar xjs to modify
daimler double 6 to restore
suzuki lj80 to retore
ariel square 4 motorcycle
the wife has a fiat punto convertable and a ford ka

i think thats it for now.:lol::lol:

Been there, done that. The Landie was originally to replace the Bora but she decided she didn't like parking it :rolleyes: - now she wants a TT 3.2 Quattro.
give her the passat then, and youll still get to drive it occasionally ;)

get the 225 1.8t remapped and your looking around 280bhp rather than the 247 of the 3.2 plus saving in fuel. wee bit o lack when you put the foot down

Hi from Australia. My driveway has 2009 Subaru Impreza RS (boss's-you know, the wife)- 1994 BMW 540i (mine), 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0(also mine), 1979 F100 4x4 swb 351 styleside (also mine), 1969 Holden Monaro GTS V8 (also mine), 2008 GMC 2500 pickup (my work ute) and my son's 2009 Nissan Navara D40 dualcab 4x4 pickup. He's moving out soon which will free up some space and the F100 and Monaro are both for sale. Great web site and great forums.

98 uk impreza, which most of you already know.
mgf, which i use for work, reminds me of a sardine tin though.
peugeot 307 sport(wifes).
thats all for now.
am gettin rid of the mgf once the impreza is on the road and would ideally like to get hold of something similar to a SWB transit van, for mine and the kids dirtbikes.

hello , well there are many cars i have yet to see listed in this thread , but reading between the lines fuel must be expensive . australians still have the love affair with big cars , fuel is still realitivly cheap and insurance isnt compulsory . as little as 50 pounds
trying to justify my love for v12 jags
my daily drive toyota hilux wifes toyota landcrusier
sunny days xjs v12 convertible , race days xjs v12 coupe , sundays austin a30 coupe , hillclimbs tecno openwheeler , projects mark 1 jag , ford capri rs3100.

If you'd asked last week it was my wife's Rover 400, my Land Rover Discovery (stashed on my parents' drive), technically my wife's BMW 518 but I was the one driving it 'til it blew up and my Fiesta.

This week we're down to the Rover 400, Land Rover Discovery (still stashed on my parents' drive), the BMW's gone and so has the Fiesta replaced with a '95 Honda Civic Coupe.

my daily drive toyota hilux wifes toyota landcrusier
sunny days xjs v12 convertible , race days xjs v12 coupe , sundays austin a30 coupe , hillclimbs tecno openwheeler , projects mark 1 jag , ford capri rs3100.
You have a massive collection of cars. I guess you have one for each mood!;)

hey waynne , they are more a collection ( sometimes static ) but they are cheaper than drugs , keep me out of pubs and my wife participates ( makes a lot of difference )