How many near misses per month

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many near misses do you have in your car each month? How many of them were other peoples fault and how many were yours?

I reckon on about 1 near miss or error every couple of weeks. With me it is probably 50/50 my own innatention and other drivers. Definately something I need to work on.

I don't really have that many to be honest. But if I do I have noticed that it is mainly people being ignorant and pulling out on me at the very last minute. It's a good job the Focus has very good brakes.

I can remember my last near miss, it was a couple of months ago and totally my fault. Live and learn from each one.

I'm quite young still (20) and been driving on the road for almost 4 years now so im still learning, but ive noticed i drive much more sensibly than i used to, realising a lot more dangers that i wouldnt have done before. Now i only really open my car up on roads i really know, when its not busy...i have to know there are no concealed sideroads etc too

Ive only been driving for 6 months and ive had 2 near misses, one where a woman pulled out on me on a 60 road and one this month where an old guy with a hoover decided to step out into the road. It was a good job id just come off a roundabout and was only doing 20mph.

Not had one for a while but that was my fault, got sick of sitting behind a tractor for so long passed 4 cars and the tractor with a wagon coming the other way, turned out it was a little closer than i would have liked - still enough time to get in but a flash of the lights

I'm counting close calls and phew moments as a near miss! I guess I'm pretty unlucky - the roads round me seem full of morons!

A lot of drivers will drive up the middle of the road to avoid the potholes and then swerve away at the last minute.