How many driving tests did you take?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many tests did you take (list the written and practical separately though).

Did you crash within 2 months of passing?

I passed first time (no writted test in dem olden days!)

I crashed within 2 weeks of passing the test!

(I hope to see a pattern emerging here.)

Fine...I'll go first :(

I passed 4th time (I had this habit of putting my foot down) and my theory first time with 100%. I haven't crashed yet.

passed theroy and hazard awarness first time.

passed practical test 2nd time, supposedly for being too close to a parked car ?????????

crashed into a roundabout 18months later

passed the test in first try, boath the written and practical but since I have only had my test for a week tomorrow I won't know if I am going to crash within 2 weeks but I shure hope I won't:toung:

Passed second time. No theory or other stuff back then (1987).

Took me about 6 months before crashing, although it was only a minor parking shunt, thankfully.

I passed theory first time ( still dont know how i managed it )

I passed my test 3rd time.
failed first one for undue hesitation and cutting my mate up on the roundabout.
failed 2nd one for reversin round a corner and gently rubbing along side the kerb.
passed 3rd time woooo woooo.

crashed 9 months later into a wall.

Love it.

You gotta watch them walls Hayley. Nasty habit of bein' in the wrong place at the wrong time. My parking shunt was with a shopping trolley that I tried to move without getting out of the car. And it upended itself, landing on the bonnet of the car!! Maybe, just maybe, it might have behaved better if I'd been going a teeensy weensy bit slower lol.

hahaha lol,

I was driving through a small arch way enough for a land rover sport hse to get through, but because i was used to the pug, i kind of lined it up wrong and thought my astra wud fit but it didn't poor thing :(.

I reckon that my car gets narrower if I drive faster. Something to do with Einstein's theory of relativity. Kind of like the closer you get to light speed then you don't see what's in the way until you've gone past it anyway.

My car seems to get wider, especially when i take it through the drive-thru in minehead mcdonalds a few nice red marks on there railings. and no its not ketchup!

Theory - First time, full marks in hazard perception and multiple choice.

Practical:

#1 = Failed. 4 Minors & 1 Dangerous - cut someone up on a roundabout :embarrest:
#2 = Passed, 6 Minors :amuse:

Crashes:

1 Small, 1 Big.

Small =
Reverse into a wall, cracked rear light, first week of passing.

Big = Drove into a crash barrier, nasty damage but not a write off, about 8 months after passing my test. I blame it on the car, lol. It was a 1996 P Reg with no PAS or ABS etc :p

passed first time first crash was a year later, then another a few months later, then another a few more after that, not been too lucky that year, three in a year :(

An update on my crash section!

2 very near misses today! drove up to a junction to turn left, look to the right no cars coming up so about to pull out but luckilly I looked as 20 monks just walked out in the road infront of me from the left.

after that I was driving down the town centre and I see this man with an osama bin laden head mask, brown robes and 3 coke bottles painted black strapped to his chest, and 2 old men in just thongs scared me so much i nearly drove into the ass of a jag!

F****** adults weekend at butlins!:mad:

F****** adults weekend at butlins!

There was a church group from round this way on a weekend binge @ Butlins in Minehead. Hayley, I just wonder if......?

That's worrying. Most of 'em seem fairly level headed. Maybe that's how they keep it that way. Dressing up, role play etc.

Best not to mow 'em down if you can avoid doing so. But, well, err, my feet slip sometimes too ;)

Lol, they were all completely of their heads, I'll ask them if i see them today were there from, as they were in the pub were i work yesterday.
Would be strange ey, if they were from the church group.

I did my license in my mates 68" Fastback Mustang GT500.
Not only did i scare the instructor when i turned the thing on, she knew she wouldnt be able to do anything behind her tightly wrapped racing harness. (if anything were to go wrong) I roared the thing around town and never left 2nd gear......

Pass first Time :)