How good do you think you are - honestly...

dagger

The Torque Meister
Car
Nissan Primera S.I.
Well

If you were honest with yourself, how good a driver are you?

I'll start...

I've been driving well over 20 years now both here and abroad, never had an accident (touch wood) - I do speed now and again, who doesn't, but i'd say I was a pretty good driver :rolleyes:

I'd say I'm above average, I seem look ahead & anticipate more than some folk I see on the road. I always use you my indicators, use the correct lane & I'll never park inconsiderately or anywhere that will cause problems with traffic.

However I don't have a lot of patience with idiots & I might have under taken the odd middle laner & sometimes my speedo seems differently calibrated to everyone else's.

I've had one accident in 18 years of driving & that was on my own with no other cars involved. :)

Technically I would say above average, and if we're going by most road users these days i would say bloody brilliant lol. Standards are getting lower and lower! What lets me down is my impatience and short temper, but I think most people that can do a lot of communting suffer from this.

im still alive, and i havent killed anyone else, so cant be too bad.
but if by saying "how good a driver are you" you mean do you follow all the rules of the road, then no, im not a good driver.

im still alive, and i havent killed anyone else, so cant be too bad.
I think this applies to 99.9999% of people on the road. This can't be the point between good and bad or else you're saying everyone isnt "too bad" but I think we both know differently.

0 accidents in the last 20+ years. Not bad going. I'm sometimes not as alert as I could be but on these occasions I take it easy. I only push the car when I'm wide away and fully alert. I think being a good driver is more about recognizing your limitations that those peaks of excellence we hit from time to time.

Fairly good 30 years driving no accidents,3 times caught speeding,read the road well look ahead,fairly patient although lose temper sometimes,and always respect the car it can bite!

Im a pile of!!!
Had fast car for 45 years & still drive very fast but i dont kid myself im any good. If you have driven with a pro driver you quickly realise they think & react on a different planet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back