Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How do I stop belt slip - Rotrex SC

Discussion in 'Superchargers and Turbos' started by JalbKay, 25 August 2018.

?

Should I switch to the turbo FI path?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just LS swap it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JalbKay

JalbKay Full member

Townsville, AU
    Car:
    MX5 NC 2.5L SC
    G'day All, I have Rotrex powered 2.5L MX-5 that just won't maintain boost. I know I'm getting some positive pressure as I've blocked off the BOV and before things get too hot I'll get back pressure noise through the SC coming off the throttle but once the temperature gets up there's nothing.

All the troubleshooting I've done is pointing to accessory belt slip on the water pump pulley. That pulley is supplied by Kraftwerks in their kit and it's a ribbed jobby to replace the OEM smooth and the main accessory belt has been changed to a 6DPK to suit (OEM is 6PK). The actual SC drive belt and pulleys are toothed and I just can't see them slipping so it has to be the water pump pulley... right? Any thoughts or tips appreciated. |B

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Slacken everything off and retighten. Are the belts all straight, being slightly off can cause them to slip.

Have you checked for boost leaks? Is the BOV activating correctly? How did you map the engine to run on a supercharger?

3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    When you say "toothed "do you mean that it is the same as a cam belt that can't slip??

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Did you get anywhere with this issue?