How did you get into cars and car tuning

crye92

Car
none
Re: Hey Everyone

I guess my dad just got me into the whole thing. He got a 97 civic and did the whole suspension and handling thing, switched out the rear axel, air intake and just a couple little other things, but I got to help him w it all as a kid and just always thought it was the coolest thing.

haha now i'm really curious to hear how some of you guys got into it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hey Everyone

I've been into cars as long as I can remember. My uncle had a pretty fast car, a Granada Cosworth I think, when he put his foot down the shove you get pushing you into your seats just clicked into my DNA. Interestinly my family didn't have a car when I was younger and neither of my parents could drive.

this is weird no one in my family is really that into cars, i mean my dad like his cars, but was never into tuning them and he always had mercs, my mum doesnt drive and hates fast cars, i guess when i saw the tuned out evos and supras in the F&F films i just wanted one and thus it began! and empty wallet :lol:

my dad was a mechanic for 20 years and was always bringing his work home with him, we'd have the kitchen table covered in engine parts to be cleaned and put back together again most nights he showed me much ofd what he knew, he was always playing around with the cars he owned as well and was quite a successful amateur rally driver. I helped him on a few occasions doing engine swaps and repairs.

I think being over the park one day not long after I started driving, were there was a custom car show going on. I remember looking at the outrageous cars with their gleaming chrome trims, and huge superchargers with Holley carbs etc! it was just love at first sight :bigsmile:

Not sure why as both parents have never driven. Can only guess it was one of my sisters boyfriends who has a MK1 Cortina GT, was dark green with a gold flash down the side, reminded me of the Lotus F1 cars. Been a petrol head ever since. My girls have now taken an interest, all my fault says the wife!

I get into cars through the door usually but I have used a window and even the boot in the past due to locking my keys in the car!

My interest in car tuning is probably down to The Fast and The Furious. When I saw what could be done to cars I was amazed and thought, I want me one of them!

I was always into cars when I was little, but my biggest passion was football. Until I actually got a car I wanted to modify. I got into modding because I used to play Need For Speed Underground. Then eventually modding took over!