Hot 944- FINALLY

wigguy1

Wrench Pro
Car
84,944porsche,400hp
I got my 944 delivered this morning at about 8:00 am.

MY GOD IT'S FAST!!!!

I talked to the builder and he said he drove it enough to get a good start on the break in. His thoughts were drive it like you stole it, so I did, several times.

After figuring out the shift timing I took it on several runs from the front of a traffic group to the back of the next group. I find that on my stretch of road 4 or 5 cars group then a 1/2 mi or so gap, free of cars, then 4 or 5 again. So before you give me heck, I'm the only one in danger at speed, and I'm slowed down before reaching the front group.

My 2nd run hit 140 on the speedo which is actually about 130 cause it is about 5 mi. fast at 60 so I think it's probably 10 mi off at high speed.

Tomorrow we will start testing using a GPS controlled turbo app, Hopefully I'll have some results next time I'm on with you guys. My 1st stop will be a local air strip to see if they have a frontage road I can do some testing on.
We'll see.:D:lol::D:lol:

So before you give me heck, I'm the only one in danger at speed, and I'm slowed down before reaching the front group.

I don't have to tell you that any speed on the highway over the speed limit is something that TC does not condone but I shall say it anyway! Keep the speed safe and on the track or strip only - it is far safer and with less potential for hazard buddy ;)

^^^^ Agree 100%
I find that the faster I drive on the track I have little need to exceed the limits on public roads.
BTW I love the 944T
That's is the best way to break in a motor as babying it will not let the rings bed in properly.

Let's not get too histrionic about transient speed. This is a rapid car that can gain and lose speed effortlessly. Very different to someone spending several minutes to get a battered Fiesta up to 100mph.