Hiya people

rome2008

Wrench Pro
Car
corsa b 1.4 16v
Hey everyone,just thought i'd say hello and let everyone know that I'm driving a black corsa b with a preadator bodykit on it, it also has a big K and N filter on it.
As for cars at the moment I know next to nothing but I am looking to learn so expect alot of questions that may seem daft but oh well :)

Anyway looking forward to talking to you all.
Thanks Dean. :D

Welcome to the forum Dean, don't worry about asking daft questions, we all started somewhere! Live and learn I say :bigsmile:

Hi Dean, its great to have you along. A warm welcome and i hope you enjoy yourself here as much as we all do.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and yes I do have some pics that i will be putting up soon then would like peoples opinions of where to go next (preformance and body) and I will hopefully be putting up some pics of my other cars which are also works in progress that I would like opinons on too.
Dean

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and yes I do have some pics that i will be putting up soon then would like peoples opinions of where to go next (preformance and body) and I will hopefully be putting up some pics of my other cars which are also works in progress that I would like opinons on too.
Dean

When you have reached 10 post then you can put pics up and links. So get posting mate...:D:D

When you have reached 10 post then you can put pics up and links. So get posting mate...:D:D

Yeah I can't wait mate, as i know very little about cars it's proving very hard to post at the minute but I will be posting alot more once the pics are up because i plan to be picking everyone's brains including yours as i've been reading some of your posts on threads and you seem to know your stuff :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Merry christmas everyone!!!

Hey everyone,just thought i'd say hello and let everyone know that I'm driving a black corsa b with a preadator bodykit on it, it also has a big K and N filter on it.
As for cars at the moment I know next to nothing but I am looking to learn so expect alot of questions that may seem daft but oh well :)

Anyway looking forward to talking to you all.
Thanks Dean. :D
hi dean, welcome to tc

Dean

if you ask me, i'm mad for power, but depends all on you what you can afford, and what is your point, power or style? corsa's always have small engines, the biggest one might be 1.6
maybe adding a turbo, and a vinyl, something in tear style, would look good, and if your car is black, try with white vinyl.

corsa vxr has a 2.0L dont it ???

Edit: your right corsa vxr 1.6L turbo 1598 cc
192 bhp 170lbs/ft 16v not bad

Last edited:
if you ask me, i'm mad for power, but depends all on you what you can afford, and what is your point, power or style? corsa's always have small engines, the biggest one might be 1.6
maybe adding a turbo, and a vinyl, something in tear style, would look good, and if your car is black, try with white vinyl.

You can even pick up a cheap corsa nowadays with a 2 litre engine fitted. The corsa is prob 1 of the easiest cars for a transplant. There is just so many people that have already done it and so many people that will take on the job for you....If thats the way you want to go of course..;):D:D
My cousin has a Nova with a 2litre 16 valve in it. It's gathering dust and rust on is dads yard an he just won't part with it.......Shame really i'd love it....It's rapid.

Yeah the aint brill for big engines really,mines a 1.4 16v so its not too bad,i have to admit i'm more about power but can't afford it lol
I think i'm just trying to go for a balance between the two with the corsa. I also own a Colt which looks quite good how it is so thats going to be my sort of project car that i will be saving my money to put the more expensive parts on that.
I agree about the white vinyl just trying to decide on a design at the minute:bigsmile:

Hope everyone enjoyed they're christmas and have a happy new year!!!!!

You can even pick up a cheap corsa nowadays with a 2 litre engine fitted. The corsa is prob 1 of the easiest cars for a transplant. There is just so many people that have already done it and so many people that will take on the job for you....If thats the way you want to go of course..;):D:D
My cousin has a Nova with a 2litre 16 valve in it. It's gathering dust and rust on is dads yard an he just won't part with it.......Shame really i'd love it....It's rapid.

Mate that thing sounds like a serious car, do you think you could get some pics of it?

hey rome2008, 1.4 sounds good enough. with that engine the max you can get out of it, keeping it street legal might be 140-150 HP I think. have you thought about making cylinder holes bigger in a 1mm diameter? it'll give some power and torque. or instead of that, getting cylinder heads from a 1.3 engine, from opel?

hey rome2008, 1.4 sounds good enough. with that engine the max you can get out of it, keeping it street legal might be 140-150 HP I think. have you thought about making cylinder holes bigger in a 1mm diameter? it'll give some power and torque. or instead of that, getting cylinder heads from a 1.3 engine, from opel?

See now thats the kind of things i'm looking for lol. Nah I haven't thought of anything like that would I be able to do something like that myself or is it the kind of thing that would be better off being done in a garage?

See now thats the kind of things i'm looking for lol. Nah I haven't thought of anything like that would I be able to do something like that myself or is it the kind of thing that would be better off being done in a garage?

of course in a garage. you need to take off the entire engine for that. also you'll need to get a special valves. they have some lighter springs, and other things, special made for high power. then you know about sport air filter? and then check out the mufflers on the exhaust. they need to be for high performance cars, there are a lot of them and cheap i think. just replace them and you might have 10 or 20 HP more. fuel pump, ECU....... all of that mate, now i'm more into mechanics, so hope these stuff can help ya.

of course in a garage. you need to take off the entire engine for that. also you'll need to get a special valves. they have some lighter springs, and other things, special made for high power. then you know about sport air filter? and then check out the mufflers on the exhaust. they need to be for high performance cars, there are a lot of them and cheap i think. just replace them and you might have 10 or 20 HP more. fuel pump, ECU....... all of that mate, now i'm more into mechanics, so hope these stuff can help ya.

Thats brilliant thanks charger69 I will let you know how it goes and also another big thank you as you have helped me reach 10 posts so I can put up some pics now :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back