hi

nolan

Car
lancer evo 7 rs 2
hello everyone, i've just very recently bought the joy of my life... an evo 7 rs 2. i thought that by joining this site it would be the best way of meeting like minded people and getting top tips for my pride and joy. my last car was an old crx mk2 which i'm hoping to keep as a project car but i'll have to see how it goes.. anyway enough of me for now.. peace :)

Alright there mate, welcome to TorqueCars! Gotta say, both cars are very nice! What mods have been done to them? What are the plans?

Hi Nolan and welcome to TorqueCars its great to have you along. I loved the CRX's it is such a shame Honda stopped making them but at least there are rumors they are going to restart production of them.

The Evo 7 RS2 is a bit faster than the CRX then :lol: I'm glad you are happy with it. You will be suprised at the levels of grip you have in the EVO it seems to defy physics in sharp bends.

An Autronics boost controller and a remap will be the best 2 mods you can do. I hope you post up some pics of your cars when you get to 10 posts.

hey and welcome nolan. seen some CRXs with 300 horses. not bad from a 1.6.

honda are staring to look at restarting them ? wonder if thats to replace the s2000 thats been dropped :idea::idea:.

Alright there mate, welcome to TorqueCars! Gotta say, both cars are very nice! What mods have been done to them? What are the plans?
hello, thanks for the reply... to answer your question... the crx at the moment is a bit tatty and could do with a respray which i want in a dark gunmetal, it is sitting on kei force 10 rims and engine wise it has just had a cheaky chip and a upgraded air filter to help it breath more easier, lowered the standard 35mm and straight through stainless, but as you know hondas are so reliable they last for ever and for a 20 year old car with 48k on the clock it has plenty of years left in the old girl.. as for the evo i've been very lucky to find a totally unmodified example.. will probably get mitsubishi to do the mods as ralliart seem to know what they are doing and it keeps it's warrenty that way but time will tell.. see how far up the fq table i can get lol

hello, thanks for the reply... to answer your question... the crx at the moment is a bit tatty and could do with a respray which i want in a dark gunmetal, it is sitting on kei force 10 rims and engine wise it has just had a cheaky chip and a upgraded air filter to help it breath more easier, lowered the standard 35mm and straight through stainless, but as you know hondas are so reliable they last for ever and for a 20 year old car with 48k on the clock it has plenty of years left in the old girl.. as for the evo i've been very lucky to find a totally unmodified example.. will probably get mitsubishi to do the Modifications as ralliart seem to know what they are doing and it keeps it's warrenty that way but time will tell.. see how far up the fq table i can get lol[/quote]

The lag on the FQ340 is pretty hard to live with so you might want to bear that in mind also.

what would be the best way to avoid lag? even on the standard evo there's still a fair bit...
is there a good way of spreading the boost through the revs?
will be greatful and interested in any advice you may have..

Small turbos have less lag but also produce less power. A good ball bearing base turbo will spool up more quickly so that will help. There are companies out there that will take a turbo and change the impellor profiles to suit your requirements.

You either get big power figures or low down lag - its a sad compromise. A twin turbo setup with a small and then a larger turbo coming on progressively will be ideal but it's not an easy aftermarket modification.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back