Hi

crist

Car
Mazda3 2010 2.5L
Well as asked I will present myself...
My name is Cristian and I live in Montreal. My daily drive is a brand new 2010 Mazda 3 GS with 2.5L engine. None is modified yet and I'm still thinking whether or not to add stuff in it. The reason is that I don't know if I'll buy a Jetta in a few years (2) so I don't think adding parts to the mazda is a good investment.

I'm not very experienced in car parts but I have done some science classes that help answer some mechanical questions but a part from that I'm starting from scratch. Suggestions that will improve my car are welcome.

Thanks

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

Tell us what are your plans for your car? How much are you looking to spend on it and what will the car be used for?

The best mods for a car engine are as follows. Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.
If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.
Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods. Turbo cars respond very well to remaps.
It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back