Hi

Azmodeus

Car
07 Hyundai Tiburon
Hi I'm new to tuning and trying to learn all I can, so any helpful, friendly advice will be most welcome. I bought a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE in November 2009. It has a 2.7 liter V6 which gives a manufacturers stated 172hp. I like the looks of it and get lots of compliments, but my first impression of the quickness and fun driving have turned into a desire for more. The car was lowered when I bought it and has an after market cone filter that replaced the OEM air filter box. This is going to be replaced with a cold air intake as my first mod, along with a vented carbon fiber hood. I'm not very mechanically experienced, but these are both things that I feel I can perform myself. From there I'm not sure where to go. Performance exhaust seems to be a good next step. I plan to keep the engine naturally aspirated. Any suggestions on where to go from there? This car will be a daily driver that may see occasional track time. Thanks in advance.

welcome mate

after induction exhaust would normally be the best place to go.
after this looks towards getting cam(s) and getting the head flowed. tis will need a remap afterwards

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

1) You need a sense of humour
2) You must be friendly!
3) You should love cars

Tick those 3 boxes and you'll be an honorary member in no time!

I'd add a fast road cam and lighter flywheel to your mod list as well;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back