hi TorqueCars

Car
65 Mustang 289 V8
hi. my name is Brian LoPrinzi. i own a 65 mustang at this point in time. it has no engine or transmission. i'm 15 years old, and this is my first car other than my Nissan Sentra that i've had for the last year. i plan on making this a high performance vehicle that i can use most of the time without worrying too much about petrol prices. i bought the car itself for 1200 (u.s.)dollars, and plan on sinking a further 13000 into the car, Charlotte. i want to minimize weight and maximize speed and acceleration, but keep petrol consumption within reasonable limits. any suggestions would be much appreciated, especially since my hands-on knowledge of cars is somewhat limited.

B.

Hey and welcome to torquecars mate.

Would love to have a mustang as a 1st car ut not a chance over here, id still strugle to get one

whats the plans for it ?

Hi and welcome. That is certainly a good base to work from. You are right in thinking that weight reduction should be high up on your agenda. Get the head flowed and ported and make sure the engine is working at peak efficiency with a major overhaul.

Things like cams and exhaust will give a big power gain but will certainly increase the fuel consumption.

Hi mate. Thats a good base to work on. Hope you get it sorted. When do you start driving in your country? Its 17 over here.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back