Hi to all

audi98

Wrench Pro
Car
audi 1.8T 98
Ok here we go,

Hi to all you enthusiast out there, first off i am new to this so please bare with me.

Firstly a liltle bit about why i joined.

i joined to the site due to one of my friends telling me that the best place to get resources from is a forum. So here i am, I am currently in the middle of doing an engine conversion in my audi a3.

i have owned the vehicle for the last four years and it had alot of things done to it and was at its peak power. It was time for more power minus a new car so i decided that a conversion was my way forward :D.

so i sourced myself a Aeb engine i.8t only to find that it did not carry the correct mountings for my vehicle. If any body is interested i have a 1,8t Aeb engine with most ancileries for sale £350ono.

i also i have my oruganal engine Which carrys the Agn engine code, this will come with clocks key loom ecu and most ancileries apart from gearbox £ 250ono.

So off i went to my mate who luckily had a Aum engine that he had just taken out of a vw Bora so i got it for a steal. he gave me the key, clocks, loom, ecu and engine with all ancilleries.

so i went and put the engine in only to find that the fuse box on the car is slightly different to mine the new loom carrys five plugs my original only carrys three. so off i went again to speak with another friend and he said call in an aotu elctrician to trace the wires.

So for nearly a week and a half later and no luck finding an auto electrician who could come to me. I got one person who told me that he would be able to come down in 3 weeks but that was time wasted for me as i did not want to wait. He then said if i still need hmi to give him a call.the next day on my way to see my bro i bumped into an old friend who said he has a mate that works on engine looms and car electrics.Got his number and gave him a call straight away.

Joy at last he will be out to see me on Wednesday morning so i will update every step of the way i will post some pics over the next couple of days so you all can see the beast in development.

do you think i should have sold the car and bought a new one ore do you think it is right to cherish the one that you love???

thanks
Audi98:

Hello and welcome to the site mate

to be honest as you could have got the AUM or equivalent 150 bhp engine i personally would have said sell the one you had and buy the later model.

although in truth you would have been better keeping the agu engine and just fitting the bigger turbo.
the agu is an earlier model that had larger ports on the head, the turbo off the aum is a direct fit - infact if you were to get a replacement turbo from audi they would give you a k03s turbo anyway. saying that VAG say the k03s doesnt exist - this way you have a higher flowing head and a decent remap fitted with injectors would have seen you getting the same results as the aum engine

Cheers mate

Thanks for the info. a few people have said that i should have used the Agu engine but i wanted to beat the odds and be different.

The only teething problem that i am having is the wiring loom as the Aum loom has five connector plugs and my original loom anly has three.

Hopefully when the sparky comes on Wednesday it will be all sorted out, then off to get my intercooler pipes made and also remap athe same time for now.

Eventually this will be seeing the same levels off power as the s3 engine.

Thanks again
Audi98

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive and ambitious plan. I commend you for sticking with the car and making it into what you really want rather than just buying a new one.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

thank to all

i did not want to buy a new car as i love the one i have it just needed more power as the enginge had already reached its limit as it was pushing 160bhp with lots of mods.

now the engine that i have just put in is from a 2003 bora with less than 35k on the clock and i got it a really good price

everyone has said that i should have used the agu engine as it has throttle cable rather than fly by wire. where is the fun in that

i do believe doing a engine conversion is to be different am i correct in saying so?

i will keep you all updated with the progress of my car it is almost complete. so will upload some pics later this evening.

audi98:bigsmile:

tcsmileysign.gif

thanks loz

hopefully this conversion will be complete soon so i will be able to share some of my troubles that i ahd with the conversion

Audi98:bigsmile:

i do believe doing a engine conversion is to be different am i correct in saying so?

true but its not really different as the audi came with the AUM engine as well.

do you know why your engine was so low on power if it had alot of mods and only gained 10bhp ?

Sorry to all that was confused by my post my origanal engine was a 1.8 na AGN engine code.

this engine comes with 125 Bhp standard.

when i said i wanted to be different yes i know audi had one with the AUM code but who has converted a 1.8 na to a AUM engine everyone goes for the AGU because of the cable throttle.
i hope i have explained it clearly now

Thanks for all the help
Audi98:bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back