Hi to all golf drivers

Zombie

Car
golf v6 4motion
Hi to all

I am new here, and just bought a golf v6 4motion, love the car : ).
Love reading all the revues on upgrading the cars and like to make new friends who have golf cars and who don’t hehe. So a big hello to all members on this site.
My names Danny

hey

only had 18" wheels so far, am very happy with speed at the moment. nice to meet you : )

hey

just got the car so i am a bit skint :(,

i want to do all i can to make it look good and have my own custom car. been trying to find site that sell calipers allredy colured but finding it hard and found one site but they want $500, so i dont know if i should just get the paint and do it my self, next month i am getting new brake disk as the ones i got are rusty and look bad. the car 8yr old haw much bhp do you think i would of lost? the car seem farst to me but if i did chip it would it be werth it? or should i be looking to get the engine reconditioned then chip?, i would like to lower the car, been looking at body kits, then paint job, i have lots to do lol, plus i need to save up some money to do it.

If it's been serviced at regular intervals then it shouldn't have lost much.
If your changing the disks then you may as well paint the calipers yourself it will be much cheaper and is a simple job to do. Before you think about a chip or a remap you should uprate the exhaust along with an induction kit and maybe some cams as well. But make sure you do all engine mods before the remap. That way you should see better gains.

Hi Danny and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. It's good to have you with us. The engines sound really nice on those.

hi turbonutter69

thanks for the advices i will do what you say, i am new to customising car, and i dont know what cam are.

If you had low profile tyres and kept the overall rotational diameter the same then it shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise making the rotational diameter means slower acceleration and a higher top speed.;)

If the box is sucking in warm air from the engine bay then it will need a cold air feed. The standard airboxes have a cold air feed pipe so you might be able to use that.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back