Hi! its another noob with a Honda

luker

Car
Honda Accord VTEC
Hi everyone, Names Luke. I drive a 2001 honda accord vtec 1.8i 5d Hatchback.

Great for a first car but looks a bit boring at the moment, mainly using the site for styling tips but it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction for a type-r spoiler and decent set of alloys.

Im not looking for an over the top wide body conversion or anything close, just some basic styling. The sites great and ive found some articles that im gunna try out already.

Funds are my main limiting factor at the moment but i love the idea of owning and tuning motors so this is somthing i really want to get into in the future. Just thought i should start early :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello and welcome, fast road and track had some ex real touring car body pannels in carbon, big front bumper inc splitter, and rear super touring spoiler. a bit over the top but how cool is real touring car bits.lol

Hello and welcome, nice to have you with us and I'm glad you've found the site useful.

Have you tried the breakers yards? There are usually some front damaged ATR's around with intact spoilers.

Thanks, well its completely stock atm. Its black and starting to look old, so needs some revival. Vtec engine still runs smoothly tho, breakers yards is a kl idea, i guess they wont mid me turning up and taking some scrap off there hands!
Theres a user called Spedward i saw who has the same car and has made a great job of modding the car so far, so i try and contact him when i find some time from work.
One thing id love to know is now compatible the 5dr hatchback is with parts off of the saloon?
Anyway thanks for replies, il be in contact if i need more info, i found more than enough so keep my hands busy so far!

a day washing, claying, cleaning, polishing and waxing will have it looking like new
as long as you stick to decent oil then then the vtec will work fine. there is a small filter for it which you can clean out next time you change it

just found a honda speialist breakers yard about 20 mins drive from me so will be heading down there asap!!! can replace some of the old unpainted plastic trim with some decent stuff and pcik up a spoiler with any luck!
yes i will clean the filter, the whole engine bay needs a good clean to be honest. il just pray for a weekend with good weather and spend a day on ot :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back