Hi, im a noob :p

Pyro911

So yeah, hi. I'm josh. Any ideas what else to say here? O yeah, anybody know where i can get a transmission that they use in the Le Mans cars? Google isn't helping me. k thanks bye :]

Hi Pyro and welcome to TorqueCars. (Sorry about turning the forum off this morning when you were on but we had an urgent upgrade which needed to be performed!)

What sort of car do you want the transmission for? The LeMans boxes cost a fortune so are you just looking for something similar or do you want a bullet proof race spec box?

i have a bmw m3 e46. i want to turn it into something like the older Le Mans m3 but street legal, so i dont really need it to survive a nuclear bomb.

I would stick with a dog box then. Have a chat with the guys at Quaife and see what they have to offer. For track days get a low gear ratio box. If it is still a general daily driver then get shorter 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears and stick with standard 4/5/6th ratios.

A good dog box will reduce your transmission losses. What engine upgrades are you planning?

Can I pick your brains? The e numbers on BMW have always intrigued me how do they relate to the model numbers/years?

Cool, thanks
My original plans were to rip the entire engine and drive train out and start from scratch, but that would be too expensive. So now I'm planning on putting twin turbo's in and a new ECU. And Sure, you can pick my brains :bigsmile:and im really not sure how the e numbers work, they kinda confuse me.

Im glad its not just me then with the E numbers. :lol: So for now it will remain a mystery but I'm sure someone will enlighten us all. Twin turbos is a cool idea on the already powerful M series engine.

Thanks, it good to be here :toung:, and i looked at the transmissions that quaife had and i think i'll stick with the stock trans for now :]

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back