Hi Guy's!

Ellionaire

Car
''04 350Z
I'm new here and hoping to learn as much as I can. I drive a 350z and really enjoying it. Been drag racing since I was 14 and want to make a transition to drifting.

I am a writer / film-maker from South Africa.

Thanks T9

Just a quick question> Every time I click on something I have to re-login, is this the way it works here or is something wrong on my side?

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

I'm a big drifting fan but I will happily admit I'm not very good at it.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Even though I am new I have had nothing but great service from the Administration. They were so eager and helpful beyond the call of duty.

I have join this forum because I am really two minded about what I want to do. Drifting is becoming a big sport here in SA and I want to take it up as a hobby. I bought the 350z as a dual purpose car, a car for dad that didn't feel like a taxi. Something I could enjoy after giving up the fast cars for the kids. My eldest son got his license so he can drive his brothers and sister around.

Researching the drifting mods may take away my ability to use the car for everyday meetings. So I stuck at leaving it standard and taking the money and buying a Skyline to build for drifting or if there is a way to have the best of both worlds with the 350z????

Any advice guys????

Last edited:
Adjustable suspension is the way to go, you really need a locking diff for drifting which does make road use troublesome but not impossible.

Never use a nice car for drifting, especially if you are new. It will get dented and bumped. Personally I'd go with a smaller and lighter car like an old 200zx turbo or 180 and set that up for drifting and keep the 350z for fun.

tcsmileysign.gif

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back