hi guys

cam

Car
Audi A3 1.8T Sport
hi, im new to this forum, i have owned my audi a3 1.8t for a few months now and i am now interested in getting power gains, i was considering going for a remap, but i have also seen a decent tuning chip that can push out 192 hp out of the 150 hp model, i have heard that these chips can be bad for the car though, can anyone help out with this? i dont have a lot of knoweledge about cars, only reason i thoght this chip would be good was because it sayed it was better for the car than a remap.

sorry for that long winded first post.
cheers in advance. cameron.

hey and welcome.
depending on the chip yes they can cause damage by tricking the sensors but these are your cheap 1 fits all from ebay and the likes

a proper fueling chip will do no harm if the map is good. however this is a hard way of doing it. your ecu can accept remapping so can be done in under an hour.
check for errors
read the map
new map
check again

im certian theres a couple of custom code agents in edinburgh as i was looking to them but settled on revo as they had a deal on

it completly changes the car in a good way

thanks guys, and thanks for the advice :) think i will go for the remap option, better start saving the pennies :p

hello and welcome its nice to meet you. I had an a3 1.8T FOR a fair while. They are really nice cars and I can only reitewrate what PG has said.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back