hi guys. need some advice

smithyr5

Wrench Pro
Car
renault 5 gt turbo
hi there everyone.
rite i have just brought a r5gtt. its had lots done to it to make it more reliable. got scorpion exhaust lowerd (well no suspention really) lol.dump valve. loads of other bits.
its running a standard t2 turbo but i have a t25 to go on it but not sure what i need to fit it in place of the t2???? can anyone help????
and any other mods that will make it a bit quicker would be good..

thanx guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.

I know nothing about French cars, but I would say watch out for the cooling system. If the person you got it off had done nothing to the cooling system with a t2 on, then putting a bigger turbo might cook your engine. Also, check what piston heads you have got, putting on a bigger turbo could affect the air flow and melt your pistons. If I was you, id put it on, make sure you have a boost control gauge and crank it down low and build it up slowly.

thanx for all you welcome notes guys.
yeah i have hurd about the cooling on the cars. got that coverd got an alloy rad ang getting a diferant thermostat this weekend so it runs cooler and im having the coolant changed.
i have been told i need a group a carb so the fueling will run with the new turbo.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back