Hi Guys, Iam a person who lives to Drive!!!

sam

Car
mercedes kompressor
My concern is that my merc W203 kompressor has clocked 20k kilometers and a bad bearing noise has started with the supercharger. The mercedes people say it has to be replaced. MY QUESTION is that a product like mercedes has such a short life of its components in its car!!!!!!!!! very suppriseing... Please guide me on this as what should be done.... thank you

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you.

Mercedes are not alone. Most manufacturers have been guilty of using cheap sub standard components from time to time.

Is your car still under warrantee? If so I'd press for a free replacement, especially if the car is still under a year or two old.

The other question to ask is can the supercharger be repaired instead of replaced? This will likely be a lot cheaper and will usually result in a stronger unit.

Hi there!!! I agree with this statement. I had the same issue with my BMW320i. Some of the components didn't last long but fortunately I had the Lambda sensor changed under waranty!!!!

merc arnt exactly well known for their reliability at the minute. if a bearing has went so quickly it must not have been getting proper lubrication. 20k is rather low as i think most supercharger need rebuilt around the 60k mark
keep pushing them and go higher

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back