Hi Guys and Gals..........

orribleoldgit

Wrench Pro
Car
Raliegh Grifter!!
.....Liam here and i have just got hold of my mrs 206 hdi 2.0 as she has a new car.
Its a 2003 model with roughly 112k on the clock.

Now i cant sell it as its £30 to tax and ultra reliable so ive just kept it as a spare!!!

I have every intention of stripping it,caging it etc etc and taking it to the nurburgring and breaking 10 minutes in it!!

Now heres the bit i am a bit lost with.

Brakes,suspension etc etc i can do but on power gains i am out of my depth as all my previous track cars have been petrol with the exception of my two evos which were fuelled on the passengers bum gas:lol::lol:

So any pointers?????

Cheers
Liam

Last edited:
:bigsmile: FINALLY! someone acknowledge the possibility of girls on these sites. You are on my favoritelist already. :amuse:
Welcome!

:bigsmile: FINALLY! someone acknowledge the possibility of girls on these sites. You are on my favoritelist already. :amuse:
Welcome!

Hey women drive too you know and one of the best drivers ive ever met is a woman,sabine schmitz from nurburg ,who is apparently a taxi drive:lol::lol:

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

£30 to tax? typo?

10 min from an HDi at the ring. That'll be interesting!

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

£30 to tax? typo?

10 min from an HDi at the ring. That'll be interesting!

Not at all matey,the dvla screwed up on a batch of numbers for the 206 2.0hdi when they were first registered and the were £35 tax.

Now i didnt know that when the mrs bought the car but as soon as i found out i went and bought my sister one too.

They have since gone down to £30

2.0 hdi @ £30 to tax are rare as rocking horse poo but the are still out there if you do your homework!!!!

It will rust to death before i get rid of it,it should last years it doesnt get driven for weeks on end and then its just a few miles!!!!

Dont you favour my chances of breaking 10 mins at the ring then????

cheers
Liam

Last edited:
May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. Sounds like you got really lucky with the Tax band!

It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Brakes from the 170Gti or Sxi should do the trick nicely. A new set of high frinction pads can make a big difference.

Have you looked into remaps for it yet?

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. Sounds like you got really lucky with the Tax band!

It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Brakes from the 170Gti or Sxi should do the trick nicely. A new set of high frinction pads can make a big difference.

Have you looked into remaps for it yet?

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hi wayne,cheers,i havent looked into anything yet.
Im off to disney land florida in a couple of months so once i get back ill start modifying "The Shed"

Ive seen plug and play devices such as the drakebox which suposedly will eek 136 out of a 2.0 hdi and then obviously i will upgrade on the actuator and intercooler and associated pipework.

Good to hear what brakes will fit,how about GTi6 brakes????

Ive never seen a diesel track car but ive seen diesel race cars on the ring and they were more than a match for porkers and bm`s,not that imn aspiring to even dream mine will reach those giddy heights,lol!!!!

My only other option is to bu a caterham with a hyabusa engine in and take that there,but i think the diesel will be more satisfying!!!!!!

cheers
Liam

Well there's something, never knew the DVLA make a mistake when it came to road fund taxes.

As for the 10 min lap, never say never, but seeing what cars are under 10 mins says alot. The very best of luck and I will follow with interest.

Hello and welcome to the site mate

id say to stay away from the plug in tuning boxes and go for a proper custom remap.

might also be worth looking to the larger engines and seeing if the turbos are bigger on them as well

brakes from the 406 coupe might be a better idea - brembos, but you might find by doing some research that you can find them cheaper from another car.
best example ive heard of was skylines having the same 4 pot brembos as a 7 series beemer. bm breaker was giving them away at £70 a set

As for the 10 min lap, never say never, but seeing what cars are under 10 mins says alot. The very best of luck and I will follow with interest.

Right,you have stirred something in me now,i am now feeling i want to go over there with "The Shed" in standard form and have a crack at it.

I folloewed an 1988 309 gti round the ring in my evo in a shade over 9 mins,i could have obliterated it on the straights and although i had to signal to the driver to stay in front i hung back just to follow his lines for research purposes.
When the lap was finished the fella,a local,congratulated me on keeping with him.
I said,my evo is 350bhp against your 115bhp so its not realy an acheivement and he replied it was as hed done the best part of a 1000 laps round the ring!

SOOOOOO,as ive had a good few 1.9 205`s and if i were to strip "The Shed" to get the weight down i fancy it would be a fair match as althogh 2 seconds slower to 60 the torque of the hdi will come into play in the twisty bits and both top ends are near enough the same.

Tell you what,ill just do some work to the lungs on th 206 and take it out there like it is and have a crack at it early next year once the snow has gone;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back