Hi from the caribbean

triniguy1973

Hi all...just saying hi from the island of trinidad in the caribbean. I am currently driving a lancer 1.5 DOHC; i put on a bolt on cold air intake and am wondering how else to boost performance on the existing engine. I put in a sport exhaust, yet to change piping though. Feedback welcome

:D

Hi there and welcome to Torquecars. I believe that Mitsubishi and Proton often share engines and parts and you might find some proton performance parts which work well, Sports exhaust, fast road cam, lower the car about 30mm and get stiffer suspension and you will have a good fun car. Can you get hold of the FSE fuel boost vavles in Trinidad?

Depends what you are trying to achieve but I got a hybrid gas and oil shock which was a good compromise.

triniguy1973 said:
Hi all...just saying hi from the island of trinidad in the caribbean. I am currently driving a lancer 1.5 DOHC; i put on a bolt on cold air intake and am wondering how else to boost performance on the existing engine. I put in a sport exhaust, yet to change piping though. Feedback welcome

:D

From trini huh? well that 1 west indian to talk to man. bigup

Yes you can install the FSE yourself - just run a low boost setting and gradually turn it up a bit each day until you hit a "cut out at full throttle" problem then back it off a bit. The standard setting they come with seem to work well in most cars but it is hard not to fiddle with it. :wink:

battery disconnect

Hi guys, thanks for all the feedback. Most helpful. I've been told after mods its a good idea to disconnect the battery and let it run dead in your car overnight (lights on and such) and then reconnect and run hard the next day. Why is this?

ive never heard that 1 before and cant see any reason for it.
apart from the ecu (which saves itself roughly 20 seconds after the ignitions off ) most mods do not use power from the battery. if the ecus reset then you may lose setting such as a rewrite and it will reset itself to factoryy standard.

i know waynnes said about his audi felt different to drive and the windows didnt go up and down automatically. after the car was serviced take it the ecu was reset ( most rewites will not be erased i have been told, unless the ecu has a major problem )

any deep discharge to the battery causes damage to it. just means your going to hav to spend money on a new one

as youve been told to disconnect it and leave the lights on this aint going to do anything as the battery is disconnected when you connect it the lights will just come on.
as for having to drive the car hard, to i take it charge the battery, your altinater produces enough power at 2000 rpm to charge the battery. no need to wreak the engine. for that reason better yet if youve got one use a battery charger

I can't see a reason for this either. If the idea is to reset the ECU there is little point as it will learn and adjust itself to the new settings. I suppose if it runs really badly a reset might help by winding it all back to the default settings but to my mind this would suggest that the mods done were wrong for the car. I'll be interested to hear an explanation or justification for doing this.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back