Hi from Sheffield

Conrod

Car
Jaguar XKR
Hello, thought this looked like an interesting site to join.

I take as much pleasure from bikes as cars, currently running a Jaguar XKR with a few mods.

Look forward to chatting.

The Jag?

Currently poorly because of an intercooling problem, but it's a '99 XKR 4.0 fitted with a 2007 4.2 engine, fully poly bushed, lowered springs, steering weight mod, freeflow exhaust and cats, obligatory K&N, ported manifolds, 10% uprated supercharger drive pulley, and nitrous.

It's nippy.

hello and welcome to the forum mate,

sounds like we could learn a thing or two from you, have you got any pics of the Jag? would love to see it

Hello and welcome.

All hail Maggie! lol :D

Just kiddin. What you had done to the Jag then?
Unlike many people form Sheffield, I've always been a big fan of Maggie.:blink1:

As for the car, still not had time to pull it apart and have a look but pretty sure I've holed a piston - sustained full throttle high speed then sudden rough running and enough oil cloud from the exhaust to completely cover 4 lanes of dual carriageway.

Foot down hard can lead to a rapid heat build up in the charge cooler circuit on these things, and this car has now eaten 2 engines under similar circumstances. It blew a piston and liner at high speed last time, so in went another engine plus replaced temp sensor, checked O2 sensors etc and checked fuelling on dyno for the new motor - all seemed ok, but it's done it again. :(

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

What cars have you owned in the past then?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Thanks for the welcome gys - warm indeed, glad I found this place.
I'll get involved with more of the forum when I have time, pretty busy with work the next few weeks clearing jobs from the workshop and getting ready for a new dyno (bike not car, before you ask!).

Over the years I've had all sorts of dull cars, main 4-wheeled interest has been the old Rover SD1, the 3500 Vitesse model, though my last one was a 4.6 with stage 3 heads and just about everything done to it (currently in process of a 5 litre for another SD1 project with fully forged internals).

Wow I loved the SD1 and Vitesse, a chap round our way had one on his drive just rotting away. I offered him some cash for it but he declined (quite a few years ago) and it deteriorated to the point where it ended up being scrapped.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back