Hi - from an FTO owner.

RichardB

Tuner
Car
Mitsubishi FTO
Hi,
Just stumbled across your forum so thought I would say hi. You can normally find me a santapod drag racing a Mitsubishi FTO, Not just a normal FTO. 612bhp FTO :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome. Nice to meet you. I had to remove your link to another forum as it is against our T&C's.

I see you have a for sale thread in the pending queue. As soon as you get up to 3 posts we'll approve that for you.:)

What mods have you done to your car then?

Thanks waynne, Ive dropped a galant VR4 engine into it (which is now for sale) running 612bhp through the front wheels, now looking at dropping an evo engine into it ready for next season.

Wow, how did you get round the traction issues then? FWD with that much power must need some pretty clever diff's and sticky rubber.

I run a quaiffe LSD, uprated drive shafts and mickey thompson drag slicks normally. It is Road legal but doesnt go on the road that often. If it does mickey thompson drag radials which are DoT approved.

We are going for over 1000bhp with the new setup.

Impressive project. Keep us posted. Why not start a project thread on here, we have quite a few FTO owners in here who would really love to see how you get on.:D

only done an 11.06 @ 137, but Ive just dropped a new gearbox in it so I will be doing another few runs this weekend. Should get into the 10's

And is the car street legal and happily drivable on the roads (apart from the appauling mpg that is!) or is it really only viable as a track day/event car ;)

totally street legal, mot, tax and insurance. I change the wheels and that's about it. I don't drive on the roads that often...

Clutch is an interesting one...I only run a 6 paddle single plate clutch from adelaideclutch.com.au (aka xtremeclutch.com.au) i told them what power I had and what I needed to do and they recommended their motorsport clutch the part number for this is KMI23014DSBMS (if you want to look it up) and its now been in the car almost 3 years... unbelievable

Hi,
Just stumbled across your forum so thought I would say hi. You can normally find me a santapod drag racing a Mitsubishi FTO, Not just a normal FTO. 612bhp FTO :)

hi, im chris, i bought an FTO and i dont know how do to any mods, is it a problem for you to tell me a bit more about car and what did you do to it?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back