hi folks =)

cellad

hello to all that is living for the love of cars =) since I'm a planning person who intends to get a leon to replace chevrolet aveo5 2007 (hb), I'm also a person who needs advices and testimonials about the leon.

at first I was thinking that it would be the diesel one. anyone who's aware of prices would think like me. but the new 1.4 tsi engine confuses me :confused:

hey and welcome to torquecars. is the the twincharger 1.4 you looking at ?.
if it is its basically a large turbocharged 1.4 along with a supercharger to help with low down torque as well as the lag from the turbo spooling up

Hi cellad and welcome to Torquecars - its nice to have you along. The 1.4 twincharger is I think the future of cars. Twin forced induction on a small economical engine to give big power.

all right.. do you know about what changes can be made on the engine? I mean stuff like forged pistons, adjustable camshafts, blow-off kits etc.

chances are the engine will already have VVT on the cams for more economy. the block itself is a bit more backward compared to most new engines as its a cast block rather than an alloy one. this is to save the strain from both chargers. VW dont really like blow off valves (or dump valves ) as they prefer to dump the charged air back into the inlet manifoldthink this is to cut the lag time. if you want the noise forge do a range of splitter valves, sends enough air back to the manifold and dumps the rest to air.
dont think youd need forged pistons until the powers getting silly, think 250ish bhp

oh dear! my amount of knowledge has been revealed =) ok, what do you think the max hp the leon can reach is? with simply a 600$ budget per month what will the best order for the modifications? next month I will be getting my hands on the steering wheel of 125hp tsi..

edit: by the way, what is the meaning of bhp? same with hp?

start with basics, panel filter and remap. then new diverter valve ( also called recirculating valve - dump valve which puts the air back into the intake sorry i said manifold ) as this standard one will struggle a bit with the increase boost.

Bhp is brake horse power power at the wheels basically including all the losses throughout the transmission
Hp is the unrestriced power of the engine at the flywheel without any drain on the engine

125hp will be about 120 bhp

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back