Hi everybody - Renault Clio awesomeness

BillyTheKid

Car
Clio 2002 1.4 16V
Hi all, looking to increase the power output of my 2002 Renault Clio 1.4 16v.
Thinking about induction kit, improved petrol pump and a turbo, have read all the "guides" on the sites, but now would like to see if someone here has any experience with tuning a clio 1.4, and overall tips or suggestions on my idea.

Thanks alot

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)
I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the knowledge that you seek! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!

Good luck! :)

Thanks alot, thumbs up for the helpfullness around here :D scouting around the Renault part of the forum so long :)

Your very welcome buddy! Your car in your member signature states that the car you drive is a: Rupert Klopper!!! Not familiar with that model car myself, do you think it might need editing? ;)

No problem buddy, adding a turbo to a normally aspirated car is huge money! Have not got the TC weblink to the proper information to hand (Queue TN here!) but there are other avenues that can be explored to try and get you the power that you seek! ;)

You could try and source a decent turbo engine... Or buy a new car? The 1.4 Clio engine don't have a solid base to build apon anyway. How about getting a Cliosport cup 182 or something along them lines?

Ok, so I thought about it long and hard, and would really like to do this, it would not be wise with the current engine, although I would just go crazy to hear the wastegate and feel a little more pull up to a 100 or so. But ok, turbo and awesome wastegate sound aside.

What would you guys propose for a more affordable option, and more fitting to the little 1.4?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back