Hi everybody, here's a bit about my car

TruffleTrust

Car
Ka 1.3i
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say hello to the forum. I'm right at the beginning of my interest in cars and I'm really happy to have found a resource like this forum. It is hard for a novice to find good information and opinion; I really enjoy the articles.

I've been driving other people's cars for about 5-6 years after I got my license, but I only hung up my bus ticket in October 2013 and bought my first car.

I'm now driving a '99 Mk1 Ford Ka 1.3. Only 54,000 miles which surprised me for its age, and it came with a big binder stuffed with every service, garage invoice, and bit of MOT paperwork its ever had, so I have a really good idea of its history. It passed its last MOT a few days before I bought it in October after some welding work for body corrosion.

When I bought it I knew very little about car mechanics, so I've digested the Haynes manual and bought a socket set to have a look inside.

So far I've rebuilt the tailgate lock, fitted a new battery and replaced two tyres (one was an original from 1999!). My next projects are going to be:

• Replace front discs and pads
  • Try and find a way to inhibit further corrosion under the body
  • Change the brake fluid and fit braided brake hoses
  • Change the rocker gasket and thermostat (there are residues all over the joins)
  • Change spark plugs
  • Check valve clearances and change the head gasket
  • Find a way to fix a leaky exhaust joint

It's a learning experience! My goal right now is to have it pass the next MOT in October.

Looking forward to chatting with you all :bigsmile:

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.

Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good luck to you & I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back