hi all

V1P3R17

Wrench Pro
Car
none yet
Hi all, well some of you might think im daft because i haven't got a car yet or even passed my test, infact im still learning lol, but i am hoping that some of you might give me a clue on what type of to buy lol.

laters
Patrick

something small and slow so you dont kill yourself/someone a week after passing your test ;)

hey and elcome to the site. its not problem youve not got a car.
best bet is something older with a small engine under 1.4 otherwise insures will just skin you dry. i started out with a 1.1 fiesta and it was a lovely car to learn to drive in. also gave me something to learn mechanical skills on, (oil sparks leads dizzy brakes etc) and it wasnt too bad on insurance think it was £700 a year. not the fastest car mind you timed it at 17 seconds to 60, that and it drank as much oil as it did petrol

Alright mate....welcome to TorqueCars. Don't worry about not having a car! I would advise that you got yourself a low engined car just like pgarner mentions above. I had a 1.0 Corsa and I really 'learnt' how to drive (they say that you get taught how to pass a test, then you learn to drive).

What car are you learning in? What do you think of it?

im learning in a grande punto not queit sure about the spec's on it, all i know is that it is a turbo diesel. At the moment its the first car i've driven and to me it seems ok, but like i said i haven't had any experience with anything else to compare with.

im learning in a grande punto not queit sure about the spec's on it, all i know is that it is a turbo diesel. At the moment its the first car i've driven and to me it seems ok, but like i said i haven't had any experience with anything else to compare with.

Whilst thats true it will give you a view on whether or not to buy a diesel and whether or not you would buy a Punto.

Whilst thats true it will give you a view on whether or not to buy a diesel and whether or not you would buy a Punto.

All in all it seems like a nice car it has good power for getting up hill and things like that. But im not sure if i would buy one or not because im into more classic cars like the classic Mini's and VW Campers.

Not a bad car to learn in, definately harder to stall than a petrol, and hell, it wont be too shabby.

Welcome to the forums - how long to go till your test?

Not a bad car to learn in, definately harder to stall than a petrol, and hell, it wont be too shabby.

Welcome to the forums - how long to go till your test?

The car is an 07 i think so its in very good nick.
Till my test im guessing a fair bit i only took about 11 lessons i got another today at 4.45 lol

hope ure lesson went well - what type of mini u after?
The lesson went ok apart from the fact i had to switch into a Hyundai Amica because the punto was going in for some work. And I don't know if any one on here has drove one but it felt horrible to drive compaired to the punto.

And on the Mini front i think its a Austin Mini im looking for with a 1000cc engine, not sure tho I have not really look into it much yet.

hiya! welcome to site, im a newbie too!
Good luck with your test!
And looking for a car!

Hay

Ure mini 1000c would be a giood start - grip like hell and then engine would be quite good power/weight ratio and insurance :D

Given the current cost road fuel and other motoring costs I'd consider not bothering having a car at all :)

Gordon 'f.....' Browb needs to get his act together swiftly.

Anyways - welcome to Torque Cars

Lol,
so silly they discrimante peoples driving on grounds of female or male, I'm a terrible driver!!

Lol,
so silly they discrimante peoples driving on grounds of female or male, I'm a terrible driver!!

lol i can't see why the do that but, it'll be reet.
Oh and i looked on that site there was some pretty nice cars on there might have to have another look then buying time comes round.:D

yeah its pretty good, i found my dream car on that site such a shame it was on an island on the ofskirts of scotland with no tax, so had to settle with 2nd choice!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back