Hi all

jlw89

Wrench Pro
Car
Corsa b SRi
hello, Im new to the forum, I found it randomly through google and had a read through some of the articles, found the threads to be quite informative and well put together.

My name is Josh, Im 22 and from sunny S.Wales :lol:

Im currently doing my Apprenticeship as a mechanic, 2 years left and Ill be "paper qualified" :amuse:

I drive a corsa b SRi which is in need of new suspension, so Im looking for Coilovers. I prefer the subtle look so the only Mod's are Koni adjustables all round, which appear to be dead, rolling on black Compomotive MO's and a GSi body kit minus one jacking cover. Im planning on giving the engine a full rebuild after sorting the suspension out.

Hopefully Ill pick up some tips/knowledge from the older experienced enthusiasts

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

The suspension is a good place to start with regards to your first set of car modifications.
Also look to upgrading your brakes first before you release any more horses on the engine. Good luck with your project ;)

thanks all

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

The suspension is a good place to start with regards to your first set of car modifications.
Also look to upgrading your brakes first before you release any more horses on the engine. Good luck with your project ;)

i have already upgraded my brakes to corsa GSi spec :amuse:
Callipers and 256mm drilled and grooved discs. I just need a good set of pads now, i bought a normal set a while back so thought i may as well get my moneys worth. Im thinking either Green Stuff or Mintex...I dont really do a lot of hard driving anymore so ill have to have a think about the economy...

Might also be worth looking at some DS2500 or Red Stuff pads for that little extra stopping power. For me, "Economy" is not a word I like to see used when it comes to your brakes.
What brake fluid are you currently using by the way, is it standard?
If so, then I would consider using some higher performance fluid such as ATE Super Blue. ;)

i doubt id get enough heat into the Red Stuf pads, like i said im a not a heavy driver.
Ye standard DOT 4, stupid question perhaps but how much difference is there between the standard and Super Blue fluid?

bear in mind my car is only a Pup where power is concerned, 82bhp on paper lol

i doubt id get enough heat into the Red Stuf pads, like i said im a not a heavy driver.
Ye standard DOT 4, stupid question perhaps but how much difference is there between the standard and Super Blue fluid?

bear in mind my car is only a Pup where power is concerned, 82bhp on paper lol

82 bhp, oh bless it! lol. The difference is in the temperature that the fluid continues to operate at, i.e. much higher temperatures before breaking down.
In this instance the green stuff pads should serve you quite well and you will still benefit from the higher performance ATE fluid if you decide to use it. See how you get on once you have fitted the new pads, it may well be that you will be perfectly happy with how the total brake package performs as it is. ;)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

the red stuff is also suited more to a heavier car as well. id recommend the ds2500 as i like them but again you need a bit of heat in them

welcome to the site as well mate

thanks for the warm welcome, I can feel the addiction setting in already, it seems like a friendly and helpful forum

82 bhp, oh bless it! lol. The difference is in the temperature that the fluid continues to operate at, i.e. much higher temperatures before breaking down.
In this instance the green stuff pads should serve you quite well and you will still benefit from the higher performance ATE fluid if you decide to use it. See how you get on once you have fitted the new pads, it may well be that you will be perfectly happy with how the total brake package performs as it is. ;)

thanks, I will deffinately be investing in the green stuff pads on my next pads change, Ill change the fluid as well. Ive had the car nearly 2 years now and havnt changed the brake fluid so i may as well use the superblue.

Until then my main priority is coilovers and tyres :blink:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back