Hi all!

LemonS3

Tuner
Car
Audi S3
Been signed up for a while but never posted so thought I'd start with saying hello as it keeps telling me to do so at the top of the page.

Well...my name's Alex, I drive a '99 Audi S3 in the fastest colour (yellow). Also have a '90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 8v cloverleaf which I am currently rebuilding and eventually putting a 16v in as well as making it rwd.
I used to work on group b rally cars and 1980s F1's but am now a dealer for celtictuning providing ecu remaps, also do modifications, audio and general repairs.
My dad is 'old-git' on here.

Last edited:
hey and welcome young git

did you get the haldex sorted on the S3

Lol hey.

No not yet, found a few possible quick fixes. One is replacing the earth strap if it's corroded but don't know where it is and the other is repacing the haldex oil n filter. It's going into the garage on tuesday to get checked with vag-com and if it's fine then they will change the haldex oil n filter. I might just get it checked with vag-com, save my pennies up and get an uprated controller.

not heard of an earth strap on it but know that the plug can come out and crud get in the contacts.

hopefully vagcom will show where the fault is. if it cant connect them it could be a new controller time.
how is it effecting the drive ? apart from not being able to through it into the corners as hard

I found a plug a while ago, not sure if it's for the haldex or not but it was full of oil and have no idea how oil got into it. Cleaned it out but didn't make a difference.

It's not able to put the power down in 1st n 2nd gear as well as understeering round corners. I've forgotten how it drove before it's been soo long.

I found a plug a while ago, not sure if it's for the haldex or not but it was full of oil and have no idea how oil got into it. Cleaned it out but didn't make a difference.

It's not able to put the power down in 1st n 2nd gear as well as understeering round corners. I've forgotten how it drove before it's been soo long.

i know that feeling and im prob around 80 bhp and god knows how much torque less than you (im guessing if your celtic tuning mapper you will done your own car)

i know that feeling and im prob around 80 bhp and god knows how much torque less than you (im guessing if your celtic tuning mapper you will done your own car)

It's quite annoying but when it eventually gets grip it flies :bigsmile:
The first thing I done was remap my car lol, 270bhp n 250lb/ft. That's what they claim but haven't done a RR yet to confirm.

Took my car to the garage to get it hooked up to a vag-com n it came up with a rear diff clutch fault. The haldex controller is fine apparently but the clutch is worn out so need to get a second hand rear diff or find someone that services them.

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, Nice to have another of the Git clan along with us.

You have good taste in cars.:D How is the remapping going for you? Is there much work down in the South east for you?

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, Nice to have another of the Git clan along with us.

You have good taste in cars.:D How is the remapping going for you? Is there much work down in the South east for you?

Hi Waynne, good to be here too.
The remapping is a bit slow atm, but it's just a question of getting my name about, I've done a few cars so far and have quite a few more lined up.
Not sure if I'll get in trouble for doing this but my website is www.apbperformance.co.uk

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back