Hi all

Cisco26uk

Torque Junkie
Car
300ce 24V
Just joined after seeing a post about the show on my club website.
I'm James, I have a street racer style Capri being built atm. I work as a parts advisor at a main dealer.

Hi James, welcome to the site. Great choice of car you have there, 8) the Capri has to be the coolest looking car of their day. Love em. :D

Thanks man. I'll get some pics up when I get it back from the rebuild, it won't be pretty but should be loud :twisted:

Dual 2.5" stainless steel single silencer exhausts from a v8 drag capri with 3.5" balogny cut rear resonators(should upset the neighbours :lol: )
Picture320.jpg

Picture322.jpg

This is what it looked before the rust got hold of it.
Camera114.jpg

I had it stripped to a shell as rust was everywhere and we are now (11 months down the line putting it back together
Picture312.jpg

Five bar rear suspension

Picture341.jpg

New bonnet (no hinges :evil: )so has to be taken right of everytime you want to get to the engine lol
Picture327.jpg

Still haven't got the full bill, or know when it will be finished.

I am having the original 2.3 rebuilt with forged pistons, balance bottom end, high lift cam, chevy high lift roller rockers, oversized stainless valves and other bits and pieces. I am hoping to be fitting a 2.9 Efi system with a k and n high flow air filter.
That looks the dog nuts mate, what are going to have done whilst its being worked on? Anything serious or just breathe on it a bit?

Good engine that 2.3, very strong and underrated. I personally wouldnt EFi it though. injectionsystems are ok but you dont get the tunability that you do with multiple or one big carb. I would go with either a single 2 Barrel Webber from the 3.0s Capri or 3 small twin chokes. The single carb would be the easiest and cheapest option. (just my opinion :wink: )

Mine was a 5.2 V8 but has been stroked by a previous owner to 5.4 with flat top pistons. It has large port heads on it with 2.02 inch intake and 1.60 inch exhaust valves, the cam I'm putting in is a 268 grind cam in with .454 lift across intake and exhaust, it has a 600cfm Holly 4 barrel carb on an Edelbrock performer intake manifold, 4 branch exhaust manifolds with cutouts so I can run an open exhaust, a valley baffle and windage tray. I think thats it, it should run 350bhp+ when its done

fingers said:
Good engine that 2.3, very strong and underrated. I personally wouldnt EFi it though. injectionsystems are ok but you dont get the tunability that you do with multiple or one big carb. I would go with either a single 2 Barrel Webber from the 3.0s Capri or 3 small twin chokes. The single carb would be the easiest and cheapest option. (just my opinion :wink: )

Mine was a 5.2 V8 but has been stroked by a previous owner to 5.4 with flat top pistons. It has large port heads on it with 2.02 inch intake and 1.60 inch exhaust valves, the cam I'm putting in is a 268 grind cam in with .454 lift across intake and exhaust, it has a 600cfm Holly 4 barrel carb on an Edelbrock performer intake manifold, 4 branch exhaust manifolds with cutouts so I can run an open exhaust, a valley baffle and windage tray. I think thats it, it should run 350bhp+ when its done

Sounds good fingers if its at the show at the end of june I will look forward to having a look round it

Hopefully I will be there for a atleast a day but can't say for sure yet as the wifes very pregnant at the mo. Will be cool to finally meet some people from the site. 8)

Wow that is one monster! Love it. I remember my mate had a Tickford Capri with a 3.0 engine conversion - it was a real monster.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back