Hi all have not posted for a wile

nig

Torque Junkie
Car
rover 200 1.4si ish
been so busy lol. I have will go down the turbo rute did not want too, been looking at tubos and just thinking if i put a diesel turbo on that dies after 4ooo rpm could i not have a nother turbo that cut in after ie two turbos or does it not work that way ? very curius ?

Sorry matey but I can't really make sense of that. From what I can gather you want your turbo to carry on engaging after 4000 rpm? Best idea is Supercharger to kick in 1000-2000 revs?

Sorry matey but I can't really make sense of that. From what I can gather you want your turbo to carry on engaging after 4000 rpm? Best idea is Supercharger to kick in 1000-2000 revs?
would love too but not in my buget ps don't worry if you don't understand i don't too lol

i asked a similar thing a couple of months ago and even wrote to Borg Warner asking about VVT's for petrol engines cars but they wont do them, only for diesel.
My idea would be to have a small one that kicks off at say 1500 or 2000rpm and then once a certain level is reached have a bypass onto the second larger turbo. Theory is ok but not sure on the practicality of this as the electronics would also have to be set up to reflect this.

As fezza says maybe a supercharger is the best bet as it will run all the way through the rev range.

You can't put a diesel turbo on a petrol engine.

1) They are not built for the heat of a petrol
2) They are set to spool up in a lower RPM range
3) They tend to be smaller than petrol turbos.

Moto-built did a turbo conversion on a I think it was a 1.8VVC. They had some issues with it but I would recommend chatting to them about it.;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back