Hi All Granada owner intro.

ChrisGMOC

Tuner
Car
Granada Ghia X 2.8
Hi all, thanks for accepting me. Live in Leigh,Lancs. NW UK.
I own a 1984 ( A reg) Ford Granada Ghia X 2.8 V6 Auto.
Been into custom & classic cars since being a little boy, ( wasn't we all, LOL ).
Granada is ' laid-up ' in bro in laws garage at the moment, awaiting Ins.& Tax. I am hoping to put on a RS body kit, New Alloys,K&N induction kit, a few engine parts ' Chromed ', respray ' Black '( even though wife says " it will lokk like a funeral car",LOL) she is currently Gold.

Chris.. :blink1:

Would it be a Matt black finish - that would look so cool on the Granada! The 2.8 engine literally purrs when it is well tuned so I certainly envy you.

I haven't actually give ' Matt ' a thought ( until now! :rolleyes: ). Maybe I can get some photoshop or PSP wizard to have a go at some pics for me to compare? BTW I have added pics to an album, ( I think in my profile ?? :confused: ).Photos are of her as she was bought, can't wait to get her home, then set about a good clean,a few cosmetic repairs & some TLC.

Chris.. ;)

Alright bud, welcome to TorqueCars! It sounds like you're after the VIP look then. Black paint and a s**t load of chrome should do the job! What's the biggest inch rims you can fit?

A bit like this then?

Its not a perfrect paint job - the masking tape on the corners leaves a lot to be desired.

*&(!$% Wow!, :cool: How do you guys do it? That is excellent!!! :eek:
" wonders if wife will still say " will look like a funeral car black "
P.S. is that too big to use as one of them 'siggy' things???
If not would you mind if I put my name on it? :???: I think I can do that with psp.
I have seen tutorial for photoshop , but I don't have that. :(

OOPS! sorry Prince, missed you off last post :embarrest:

Not sure how big I can go, I was thinking 18", but have been told this would compromise handling, & better go to 16" or pushing it at 17" ????:confused::???:

You might get away with 17's with low profile tyres. The standard tyres have a pretty tall profile so you'll be swapping rubber for metal essentially.

It is a bit big for a sig - although we tend to frown on sigs because they add to the page download time and make the pages longer, getting in the way of the content we do permit images in sigs which are under 60 pixels high.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back