Hi All, from Deal, Kent, England .

oakandbespoke

Car
Vw T3
I thought I'd join the forum as I'm just about to embark on the removal of a 2003 Subaru ez30 from a Legacy, and intend on installing it into my 1988 VW T23/T25. I will also be installing the automatic gearbox after reversing the drive of it, and considering a Raptor Supercharger eventually.
At the moment I'm still trying to get the bitch of a wiring loom out, give it a couple of days when I get the chance and that'll be done, then onto engine removal.
I am a Carpenter , so by no means a mechanic, any advice along the way will be massively appreciated.
Cheers Darren.

Hi buddy, nice to meet a local.

The project sounds awesome I've not seen this done, You'll probably have one of the fastest T3's on the road after this little lot is installed! Are you going aftermarket ECU or using the donor ECU?

Hi buddy, nice to meet a local.

The project sounds awesome I've not seen this done, You'll probably have one of the fastest T3's on the road after this little lot is installed! Are you going aftermarket ECU or using the donor ECU?
Hi obi_waynne, I'll be using the Subaru ecu, all electrics out now, what a nightmare that was. Will also be trying to keep the air con and cruise control.

Hello Darren. You must have the patience of a saint ! However, when it's done you will have a quick motor with something most others don't have...a brilliant driving position. Even when lowered you have a much better view of the road ahead. Don't worry about seeing what's behind you...they will never catch up!

I like the idea of a supercharger ; I have fitted one to the 1949 MG TC I am rebuilding.

I have also started from scratch with the wiring but added relays and extra fuses so it was a head scratcher.:)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back