Hey!

jc0921

Car
03 Accord, ex coupe
New here, glad to have joined this forum! hoping to add and change some things on my car sometime in the near future. Currently driving a dark charcoal 03 4cl 2.4L Accord ex-l coupe- would welcome any and all suggestions! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi JC, Welcome to the board, it's a friedndly bunch here.

Bulletproof lumps in the Accord, what are planning to do to it?

Nice to have you along. The 2.4's are sweet engines - built for motorway cruising. How much you looking to spend on styling/performance?

Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome. First off, lmao - "Parking Fine" - I've been thinking of a little of both performance and looks. I'm thinking of doing some work over a long period of time; need to concentrate mostly on college XP so not so sure about budget, it'll vary from time to time lol.

But I'm planning on spending under six grand (is that a decent budget?). I'm thinking of changing my lights out first (old bulbs are dim, and would like to convert to HID so...guess I'd need a projector style housing for the lights?), short shifter, then changing out my stock intake box for a short ram intake (would I need to tweak the air flow sensors?), new header system, change out my stock exhaust system for something more efficient, with only considerably minimal increase in sound; deeper sound yet not so loud? (not so enthusiastic about getting more than needed attention from law enforcement).

I'll need to enhance/redo my suspension... I have a nack for taking corners quickly?? The cars been lowered by previous owner, so I'm expecting complications in the suspension area... don't believe it's been done very properly. Any suggestions on companies with good quality, yet obliging prices? For styling modifications, besides the lights, I'm looking for a smooth clean feel. What would I have to do to have a net gain of about 40 hp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you like my sig - its a Tommy Cooper quotation! ;)

The budget is good. You'll need to check that HID light conversions are legal where you are. Over here we need auto leveling lights with washers and the whole unit needs a type approval. It will make a big difference.

I managed to get some Phillips brighter Bulbs that I rate quite highly. Its a lot cheaper than a whole light upgrade.

The ram intakes only kick in at high speeds of 60 or 70mph so are not brilliant mods, however they do feed cold air into the engine which is good.

For another 40hp I would reckon that a sports exhaust, air filter, sports catalyst or decat (if legal) and fast road cam will see you there.

A supercharger could add another 70bhp+ or so easily so itw ould be worth costing up one of these also.

For a smooth clean feel take off the door trim and get this filled and smoothed, then take out the grills and smooth off the area and use a black mesh behind the opening. De locking and de badging will complete the car for a stealth look!

What colour is it? Black paint and chrome wheels always looks good.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back