Hey

leemo

was just looking through the net because im looking to get myself a 106GTI found this tuners site so i signed up :mrgreen:

Hi Leemo and welcome - the 106 GTi is a fantastic package. Very nippy and good on twisty tracks. Didn't top gear put it in a group test with ferraris and Lambos etc... and it came out near the top?

well yeh ive got a courtesy car at the mo because some clever person decided to pull out on me, so ive got a mini one for the mean time,
yeh i was thinking of looking into getting the turbo conversion kit for it any thoughts?

I've seen a pretty impressive turbo setup on the 106. I think the kit costs around £3500k though but the power gains and performance gains make up for this.

Yeh they look well smart, but like everything its got to be done right lol
im thinkin deck it about 50mm all round and would the 1.9 205gti rims fit?
it will go like a go kart :cheesy:

I think a 106GTi allows 16 inch rims and the offset if 16mm. It also uses 4 studs. I'm pretty sure the 205 GTi allowed 16s as well, and it also uses 4 studs but I don't know the offset. I think 50mm is a little bit too low....do you have speed bumps any where near you? :lol:

Personally I wouldn't replicate the 205 if I had a 106... but that's just me. However, I did find this page that offers a lot of info:
http://www.torquecars.com/peugeot/106-tuning.php

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yeh i suppose but ive seen them on a 106 when i went to birmingham not so long ago an it looked well nice down hams hall u know it?
an yeh to be honest there is loads of speed bumps about !

Yeh thanks that page is good bit of info
something else that can ruin the car if isnt done right is an exhaust
any ideas?

Depends what you can afford mate...I'm not sure how much a full system would cost on a 106 GTi. I've got a cat back powerflow..that cost £320. A sports cat would cost another £100. It all depends on what you want from it? Looks? Sound? Performance? I'd also say that anything more that twin would be out of place.

If you have loads of speed bumps around then you'll be looking at 30mm at the most...probably adjustable too. You've also gotta put the rims on first so you know how much clearance you'll have. You may need some arch work done to stop the wheels rubbing.

What are you planning first....the styling or the performance?

Have you started looking for your 106 GTi yet? There are some good ones on autotrader!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back