Hey

DaveyL

Wrench Pro
Car
Mini City 998
Liked the look of the site so thought i'd sign up. Gotta admit, the Classic Mini forum is a little slow, 3 posts in the last 3 years :shock: Meh, got a mini forum, just thought i'd look around here.

Oh, yeah. I own a classic Mini City. Only a pathetic 998cc atm but working on that. Gonna spend about £3k over summer to get it on the road(£1k bodywork to pass MOT, £1k Suspension, £300 Alloys&Tyres, £100 respray, £100 custom interior and £500 for everything I haven't thought of yet).

Should point out, although I'm only gonna do basic mods to the 998(or non at all) it is because I am saving up to do a 16v K series conversion. Performance and Handling is more important to me than looks, but she needs a fair bit of work to pass the MOT.

Oh, and at the moment, I am driving a Chavtastic 1.2 R reg Corsa. Wouldn't have chosen it myself(if I had chosen a car I'd have got a Volvo with a 3lt straight 6) but got it free off my Brother in law so musn't grumble.

Dave

hey and welcome to the site dave.
good to see theres stil some folk running around with the classic.
My mate had 2 sold the 1st one after a year but regretted it instantly. got a 1.3 roughly a year and a half later after his astra went bang. he had that until last year when he slipped on a corner and rolled it through a field. ( 4 cars in the same week went off that corner yet there was supposed to be nothing wrong with it. also should say 2 old folk went off so its no jus the young uns )

Yeah, mini's are the best. I know many people who sell then regret it, guess i'll learn from their mistakes. Only down side to mini's are they have an old engine and it just is too heavy, not powerful enough, too expensive to tune and only has 4 gears. Thats why I'd like to do the K series.

And yeah, i'll post a picture of my baby, but like I said in my profile, i'm doing her up over summer so I'm not driving her at the moment. She's sitting in the garage waiting for a cash injection(like most cars, always need money)

I'll try and get 10 posts now.

Dave

Errr, spam..... :D

S6000454.jpg

Side.jpg

Inside.jpg

Front.jpg

Ohh, I have lightened it a fair amount, for racing of course ;)

Dave

Last edited:
Hi DaveyL and welcome to TorqueCars. We do have a few mini owners on here but as you say the mini forum is pretty light. Most of us spend our time in the general car chat debating the motoring issues of the day.

I like the minis, they are a lot more roomy inside than you think. I expected them to be really cramped. Its a fun drive almost like a go cart.

Keep us posted as to how your project goes and give us some updates - I'm always interested to hear about how people have solved tuning/modification problems.

I looked at editing your post to get the images to show but I'm getting a not authorised to view the pictures. (Can you use the upload image option in your profile or on an advanced post?)

I see you've done some weight reduction ;) The essential hammer is a little worrying though! Good luck with the project and I'm sure it will look fantastic when its finished.

Cheers. She's a working progress and may not look amazing when finished(can't afford the paint job) but she will handle like a dream I tell you.

And it's only a mallet unfortunately, I actually broke my hammer so had to use it instead :rolleyes: The sound insulation is foul stuff.

Dave

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back