Hey guys

B

Brad2k9

Hi! I started driving erm 5 months ago maybe, haven't passed my test yet, although i'm confident I could, insurance is going to increase a lot when I pass, i'm sort of weighing up getting my dad to insure my car with me as a named driver as apposed to insuring it myself because it basically cuts the price in half lol but then i don't get any no claims so not really decided yet, either way I really want to get those L plates off my car haha.

Haven't really modded my car much since I bought it its a Golf 1.4S 2002 had alloys when I bought it so didn't need those, had big sub woofer in the boot, nice stereo, I bought some lexus style rear lights.Once I pass i'd like to get a better exhaust and an induction kit, make it sound better :D. Other than that I'd guess its pretty pointless for any other mods since the engine is small, everyones pretty much told me its better to wait a year for no claims and get a car with a bigger engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site.
sounds like your onto the right idea hold off modding that engine. tbh i wouldnt even bother with a full exhaust or induction kit.
Back box alone to add a nicer sound. and induction kit will prob loose more power low down that it would gain nearer the top. better off with panel filter in there. can you drill the airbox on the 1.4 cant remember what the bay looks like. if so drill a few holes on the pre filter side to increase the noise

Hi there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Good to have you with us.

You defintaly are doing the smart thing by waiting to mod your next car.

Welcome to the site mate! You could always drop in a bigger engine if you get attached to the Golf? As for mods, the first thing I would do is ditch the lexus lights... but each to their own.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back