hey!for the 240sx guys and the rb20det, i need advice!

rb20det 240sx

Car
240sx rb20det swap
watsup everyone, im 16 years old and im really exited to try and get my driving and car career started. my plan right now is to buy a nissan s14, if not that then a regular nissan 240sx with the s13 rear. then im goign to buy an rb20det engine and swap it with the KA engine in it.

i dont want the SR or the KA engine or any of the others, i would get a rb26dett or an rb30det or any of the bigger sizes but im 16 and i cant afford that right now.

i have been doing a lot of research on all the engines and i love the rb engines, i want the rb because they sound amazing and they produce about the same power if not a little more than an SR. and for other reasons.

i want the det because i dont want a naturaly aspirated engine, because thats even more work to put a turbo on one. i know that i need new suspension as soon as possible, because suspension is one of the biggest things you need to drift, along with brakes, please recomend brakes too.

i want 17" enkei EV5 bronze w/machined lip rims, right now maybe i will find better later. im looking at suspension and i dont know what to do, i really want that clean lowerd look, i dont want to make it look like a wierd ricer with a big wierd shaped body kit. i want it to look low and clean, so any recomended suspension systems or springs that would really lower and stiffen suspension for performance would help.

i also need tips on how i can make it look wider, and to where the wheels stick out of the wheel wells a little. um also just anything that will help me with getting more performance out of the engine. im making the car straight black with a carbon fiber hood, and the really dark bronze rims, maybe a little body kit that isnt flashy or wierd looking, just to make it look lower. sorry for the long description, thank you:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey and welcome to the site.

running a 200sx in the uk at 17 (cant drive legally at 16 here ) would be near impossibe to insure.
as for making the wheels look wider go for a lower ET or use spacers. both will put more strain on the hub wheel bearing, etc

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have some great plans, I've seen some nice wide bodied Nissans with spacers and split rims. It looks better to go wider on the back than the front.

Trouble is all this costs a lot of money. What is insurance like in your area? Over here it limits our first cars to 1.0litre small cars. :(

i live in the u.s.a. in washington two states north of California, we dont have as bad of restrictions as California, you can get away with more stuff here. but what are split rims, the rims i am looking at right now are, rays RE30, Sprtmax xxr 522, tenzo tracer, and rays TE37x rims, if you look you will see the style of rims i am interested in, but reccomendations of rims of this style and color that make the car look wider would help, thanks:)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back