Hey everyone

v6cougar44

Car
v6 cougar 2.5L
Hi, My name is pete and i live in beaver pa. I just recently got my first car which is a v6 mercury cougar 2.5l. I am just getting into upgrading my car. I recently put an aem short ram intake on and love it. I am looking to continue modding my car and would really appriciate some suggestions from any one who has a cougar or is experienced in this area.

thanks

Hello and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. Where abouts is beaver pa?

I will start a Mercury forum soon but we I think know these as the Ford Cougar and I beleive they are Mazda badged in some countries.

How much are you looking to spend on mods?

Thanks for the welcome. Being that i am currently attending college and am paying tuition from my own pocket, that said i hope to be able to get together around $2000 over the next year to put into my car. possibly could be around $3000 depending on my next semesters tuition.

You should get some reasonable gains for that. I would do them in this order.

1) Induction kit with cold air feed
2) Sports exhaust and sports catalyst (smog control)
3) Fast road profile cam
4) Remap advancing the ignition timing to suit the new cam.
5) Lighter flywheel but don't go too light with a fast road cam
6) Suspension, brakes etc (unless the current ones need replacing in which case I would get the best you can afford.) IMHO the standard brakes on those are pretty good.

Thanks for the advice. If that is what you recommend that's what i'll most likely do since im sure you know more than myself. Another question i have is about exhaust wraps...I was wondering if it would be worth it to wrap my exhaust and how much of a performance boost it would give if any. Also what kind of wrap would you recommend?

hey...i just bought a short throw shifter for my mercury cougar and was wondering if anyone had/knows or can find out how to install it in a mercury cougar. I have an idea on how but i would like to know for sure before i start taking stuff apart lol.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back