Hello!

sim

Car
Looking for one.
Hey I'm Sim and i registered here because i need a car and am looking on advice on what car to buy in my price range and what not :)
(I'm looking at a Honda Civic and trying to decide what the best make and year are)
I don't know much about cars and I'm hoping to pick some stuff up from you fellas! Anyways, i hope i get to know you guys better and thanks for any future advice you may give me ^^

Cheers,
Sim

Last edited:
Howdy. What are you looking for in a car? As said, budget and age would help us help you.

The UK Civic's confuse me a little bit. Why people don't just stump up for an EK9 I'll never know.

so my budget is around 10K right now (i would like that to include the car and some tune ups)
i live in california so uk versions arent available to me haha

im just looking for a car that i can get at a reasonable price and make some upgrades to like the engine and exhaust and what not.

so basically i'm looking for the best deal out there. the car with the best engine (before and most potential after being tuned). Cosmetic things aren't my biggest worry, my first priority will be getting the upgraded engine running smoothly.
I've heard the earlier models had some advantages, as in the different transmission and more aftermarket parts available.

Oh and i'm looking for a civic that has manual transmission because stick is more fun to drive :D

If you guys have any other car models that come to mind please do share haha. I don't know too much about cars but the civic looked affordable and thats why its numero uno on my list. Thanks!

Oh I've heard of engine swaps and was just curious how much these cost and if it is worth swapping or just upgrading?

Last edited:
Hi, I only found this site yesterday so big welcome to you aswell.

From Japanese cars there would be Toyota's Corrolla GT/GTI's (the old 1980's RWD one's), Nissan Pulsar GTI (?), or why not Honda's CRX, folding metal roof might be good in California. Just some hatchback sized alternatives but whether they're available in US and by what name I don't know. You could always go classic and get a Porsche 924/944 Turbo like me. They're certainly cheap in UK. Start from 170bhp standard with RWD and perfect weight distribution. Parts should be affordable as Porsche owners here order in parts from US because it's cheaper then buying them in UK :blink: Classic car insurance rates as even the newest ones are 18 years old for you guys and lot of trim/mechanicals are same as VW/Audi.

Happy hunting

HI and welcome. Engine swaps are affordable if you can do most of the work yourself. When you get a garage to help the cost shoots up loads.

Civics are a pretty good bet, the Integra Type R would be my fave if you can get your hands on one out there as they are already stripped out racers.

well for the civic, is there any make or year that has the best advantages?

If you're going to get THE Civic it has to be a facelift EK9 (excluding Mugen editions etc). Import but there's plenty here so there must be some in the US.

DSC01408.jpg

thats a nice car haha
hopefully ill be able to find one in my price range :]

onda civic ek 1997 clean title with 88XXX freeway miles excellent condition no problem low mile smooth ride and new fresh paint job recently painted no dent, no scatches, no ding, no swirl, no fade this car is very realiable fast and runs great very strong Car is meticulously well maintained garage kept change oil every 3 months healthy engine new 4 set of tire valve adjustment last 3 months i treat this car like baby reason im selling this car is i have baby coming i need a bigger car or family car Asking $6700 or best offer.

Engine b16 swap
B16 tranny
Tein suspension
Act cluch stage 3 light flywheel
Blox fuel pressure regulator fpr gauges
Si front end
del sol front seat
Momo steering wheel
Skunk2 short shifter
Typr R shift knob
Type R 5set floor mat
Window visor
Carbon fiber wings
Obx lower tie bar red
Jdm fog light
Rota circuit 8 bronze 16"
Gun metal c pillar
Gun metal front and rear strut bar
Push button start
Hassport
Hid 6000k
Jdm smoke tail light
Power window
Si cluster

or

i have a 95 civic hatchback with brand new paint job lifetime warrenty on it
sun set orange metallic paint job. i am only selling because i have too much debt and need to lower my ratio
in order to purchse a home. clean title no accident

features:
-momo monte carlo steering wheel
-jdm corner
-kenwood mp3 player with kenwood speakers
-jdm window visors
-jdm thin side moldings
-color matched rims 15x7 drag dr30 rims with orange lip on /falken ziex 205/50/15 90%
-ground control coilovers on tokico illumena shocks
-jdm fog lights smoked covers
-2 way paging alarm with remote start
-189,xxx on cluster but new CX motor only 60,xxx
-ex/si cluster with rpm (amber lights)
-del sol seats
-gsr rear seats
-spoon duck bill spoiler
price is $4,999

good deals?

Last edited:
Hard to say being as you're in America.

Can pick up a decent EK9 for around £6500 in the UK. I'd imagine less in the US with all our stupid import taxes and stuff.

Watch it if its recently been resprayed though. Make sure you take a good look at the car to check it's had a top job.

I'm not sure that the EK9 is available here.
either that or i havent been able to find one lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back