Hello

Thunderdome

Wrench Pro
Car
5.7ltr rx7 99clk430
Just wanted to say hello Iv,e been building up a 84 rx-7 for a few years now, so far 355 chevy tied to a powerglide going to a ford 8.8 rearend moified with adjustable 4 link.

Hi there thunderdome and welcome to TorqueCars. You didn't like the W4NKEL engine then? I love the project it sounds absolutely Toxic. I hope you can post up some pics and a spec list when you get to 10 posts. I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
Thanks I,ll try my best although I,m handier with a wrench then a computer.:D and yes the rotary engine was just way to slow and unreliable.

Did you have to do much work to get the engine to fit into the bay? Does it bulge out of the hood?

Did you have to do much work to get the engine to fit into the bay? Does it bulge out of the hood?
actually it fit pretty well other than modifying the oil pan to clear the crossmember and fabricating custom mounts and drive shaft everthing else was off the shelf with minor messaging here and there, mine did require a 4 inch hood scoop to clear.

There was a yank that did a Rx-7 engine conversion in Max Power a few years ago. Corvette V8 I think he stuffed in it. I'll try an dig up some pics of it to show you buddy.. Good work though I bet it's brutal on the road...

yes passes everything but the gas station and still handles awesome like a high powered go kart hopeing to get to the track a few times this year and do some tuning.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back