Hello

hi, i have a8 alloys and tinted windows, i want to get an s3 bodykit really.. not too sure about performance yet although i am looking to try and get some more bhp out of it. apparently its quite hard on the 1.8 engines?

When waynne comes along he'll be able to help you more as he's got an A3. Personally I wouldn't replicate the S3 as it'll be more looks and no power. Best place to start with the power is to get yourself a sports exhuast fitted. That should unleash a few extra bhp and improve your throttle response. How much extra bhp are you looking for?

Well i think at the moment its around 120 - 130bhp. Ideally i would like about 160 - 180 bhp but im not sure what it would involve doing exactly. I havent got too much knowledge with these engines at all. Thanks for your help.

For that kind of increase you can look at the sports exhaust as previously suggested, a four-branch manifold, fast road cams, cold air induction and improved air filters. Atlernatively you can go for an engine swap.

Hi lee. Sorry for my delay. I've been driving round country lanes getting totally lost for half the day and the rest of it I was wrestling an S6 cam belt in place.

The 1.8 is not a brilliant base to work from unfortunately. I would seriously consider swapping the engine for a turbo, every thing else should be a straight swap although your gearing will likely be a little lower.

With a sports exhaust, induction kit, fast road cam, sports catalyst and gas flowed head you will probably reach around 160 but a 1.8T turbo engine would get to 340bhp for the same sort of money (remap and bigger turbo with a better Diverter valve!)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back