Hello

shogun

Hello folks
just registered and thought I would say hello, I myself am not into modded cars anymore I prefer large 4 x 4s but used to love vw beetles, owned and restored a few in my younger days and wish I had both the time and money to have one to play with nowadays. I have a problem I need help with, my son has a 1999 vw bora 18" wheels, adjustable suspension and a modified anti roll bar (he wants the slammed look) the car keeps breaking n/s drive shaft it has now done 4 keep getting advice but it does not rectify the prob. anyway away for a look round the site
cheers
guys

Hi Shogun and welcome to the site. I'm sure you will fit in just fine here we've got some 4x4 fans that actually like getting dirty! Ask any questions you like in the relevant makes and models section and we will see what advice we can pass on. For a slammed look it would probably be more practical to run the car on air suspension and adjust it when stationary. When a car is lowered it upset the geometry and drive shafts wear at a faster rate if the angle is wrong.

if fitting a strut brace (alwaysa good idea if doing the suspension) the bora will needed to be drilled into

as for the adjustable sussy id agree with waynne that way if its slammed it can be raised to go over speed bumps

ive got 17s on my bora at the moment from the TT running a 225/45 tyre and this has really helped the handling on mine, only thing is i think if you were to put 18s on with the 225/40 tyres is that they would rub on the inside liners as ive only got a few mm spare

not trying to say your son is an idiot, but does he do alot of burnouts? just ma make went through 6 in 2years on his caviler ( i cant remember what side but it was always the same side) simply because he was leaving black lines everywhere

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back