Hello

Ares

Car
Peugeot 406 2.0T
hi everyone,my name is Silvester,have an peugeot 406 2.0turbo,peugeot 309xs and donor car 309xs.
dont know much about cars but im learning.
rims are coming on 406 and maybe later an remap of ecu.
this is 2.0turbo 108kw engine so for 1st stage engine tuning,any advice you have,is welcome:)

Last edited by a moderator:
tcsmileysign.gif

Glad to have you on board Silvester.

The pundits here(excluding present author of course) are pretty much the best around. If , collectively or individually, they can't fix it, it can't be fixed, period.

Great to see you have a project that has been initiated already.

Anytime you get stuck on specifics, you know where to come.

As a new member here, lemme assure you that the response her is quick and direct, no mopping around for weeks at a stretch.

So have a gud time here, you hear?...........

:D :D :D :D

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

I ll try to,dont know about car engines but if i knew something,i ll share with you all :)

plans are to increase the power slightly,with maybe remapping.
i know that pug 406 2.0t has a problem with weak pistons,they tend to brake so ill need to look after that too.
what would be the first best thing to do on it to increase torque and how much could i gain?

i also see some turbo kit selling on e bay for some 400 dollars which contains turbo T35,intercooler,pipes etc,but this seems to me to be a very low price for such a thing,your opinion?
thanx for answering people.

p.s.sorry if i make some mistake in english,im from croatia :)

You're English is better than a lot of native speakers!

With ebay, or any other place you really do get what you pay for. There are reports of turbos breaking, cracking or sending bits into the engines intake! Avoid them like the plague. You can get the internals of your existing turbo uprated, usually at the expense of extra lag low down but the peak power will be a lot higher.

thnx,ok,ill avoid ebay and others.
you r right,who knows what or how worned out are turbos which are selling around.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back